Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak service to Suburban Station

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1298040  by zebrasepta

degrees83 wrote:My 1984 big board still says Penn Center Suburban Station as seen in the photo I have attached.
some conductors still call it Penn Center Suburban Station
 #1298081  by Clearfield

zebrasepta wrote:
degrees83 wrote:My 1984 big board still says Penn Center Suburban Station as seen in the photo I have attached.
some conductors still call it Penn Center Suburban Station
Wait till the (inevitable) renaming purchase by Comcast.

Does anyone REALLY believe that the company that owns NBC, Universal Studios and the associated theme parks will let anyone (Verizon, etc) put their name on the station their 2 corporate headquarters buildings sit on top of?

Next stop "Comcast Penn Center Suburban Station"
 #1298167  by JeffK

"Next up, Comcast Station! We will be arriving between 9 am and 4 pm to serve you. We cannot promise a more specific arrival time. If you wish to know more about the status of this train please contact Comcast's customer service department."
 #1298203  by Clearfield

JeffK wrote:"Next up, Comcast Station! We will be arriving between 9 am and 4 pm to serve you. We cannot promise a more specific arrival time. If you wish to know more about the status of this train please contact Comcast's customer service department."
Loving it! :-D
 #1298290  by loufah

Clearfield wrote: Does anyone REALLY believe that the company that owns NBC, Universal Studios and the associated theme parks will let anyone (Verizon, etc) put their name on the station their 2 corporate headquarters buildings sit on top of?
I hope SEPTA negotiates an appropriate fee for this, including separate charges for each level of the station, higher charges for months 7-12, and arbitrarily high "regular" rates that SEPTA can raise at its whim for months 13-24 of the contract.
 #1298333  by ExCon90

Clearfield wrote:
JeffK wrote:"Next up, Comcast Station! We will be arriving between 9 am and 4 pm to serve you. We cannot promise a more specific arrival time. If you wish to know more about the status of this train please contact Comcast's customer service department."
Loving it! :-D
That seems a cynical outlook. Wouldn't they add "Your ride is very important to us"?
 #1298334  by Clearfield

ExCon90 wrote:That seems a cynical outlook. Wouldn't they add "Your ride is very important to us"?
Shouldn't it be "Please hold, we're very important to you...."?
 #1298521  by Suburban Station

Clearfield wrote:
ExCon90 wrote:That seems a cynical outlook. Wouldn't they add "Your ride is very important to us"?
Shouldn't it be "Please hold, we're very important to you...."?
Ever try calling septa customer service Saturday evening?

Perhaps septa should push for enough annual funding to run half hourly lansdale service on Saturday