Railroad Forums 

• Renaming 30th street

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1286867  by 25Hz

morris&essex4ever wrote:Maybe a station could be named Cruiser "Awesome Justice Train Freedom America" 939?
Renaming stations, and putting people names on roads & bridges/tunnels has never made any sense to me, but in this case i'ds approve.... ;)
 #1286897  by Clearfield

25Hz wrote:Renaming stations, and putting people names on roads & bridges/tunnels has never made any sense to me, but in this case i'ds approve.... ;)
Please excuse me, but what does "i'ds" mean?
 #1286977  by ExCon90

Clearfield wrote:Does anyone know if SEPTA will be forced to rename the station on all schedules, webpages, announcements, maps, etc?

SEPTA was paid to do that by AT&T when they renamed Pattison.

I don't see any money changing hands on this deal.
I think they're going to do it at the same time they show the Biden Station in Wilmington in the timetables. What I'm wondering about is why it always has to be a railroad station? If politicians must rename things after each other, there are plenty of Federal prisons, and we'll never run out of names.
 #1286994  by ekt8750

ExCon90 wrote:
Clearfield wrote:Does anyone know if SEPTA will be forced to rename the station on all schedules, webpages, announcements, maps, etc?

SEPTA was paid to do that by AT&T when they renamed Pattison.

I don't see any money changing hands on this deal.
I think they're going to do it at the same time they show the Biden Station in Wilmington in the timetables. What I'm wondering about is why it always has to be a railroad station? If politicians must rename things after each other, there are plenty of Federal prisons, and we'll never run out of names.
:wink: