Railroad Forums 

• Final move for SL-II & III cars

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1278831  by ex Budd man

About 8:45 this morning the last few IIs & IIIs left Wayne Junction on their way to Woodboure yard. Power for the move was provided by RL-1a 60 and 61ironically running long hood forward. I took a few pictures with my cell phone and if they are half decent I'll up load them tonight. They were severily "tagged" by local vandals, a sad end to a great career. Adios old friends :-(
 #1278877  by Clearfield

What about the lone vandalized car sitting at the west end of Overbrook near the Comet Submersibles?
 #1278883  by scotty269

Clearfield wrote:What about the lone vandalized car sitting at the west end of Overbrook near the Comet Submersibles?
Is it a Silverliner or an Arrow?
 #1278899  by Tritransit Area

Clearfield wrote:What about the lone vandalized car sitting at the west end of Overbrook near the Comet Submersibles?
I thought that was 257 which lit itself on fire while in service that one morning during the SEPTA strike.
 #1278958  by SubwayTim

ex Budd man wrote:About 8:45 this morning the last few IIs & IIIs left Wayne Junction on their way to Woodboure yard. Power for the move was provided by RL-1a 60 and 61ironically running long hood forward. I took a few pictures with my cell phone and if they are half decent I'll up load them tonight. They were severily "tagged" by local vandals, a sad end to a great career. Adios old friends :-(
Whereabouts is Woodbourne Yard? I plan to be in Philly this weekend and if it's not too far "out of the way", I may drive by there and try to get some pics.
 #1278966  by Clearfield

scotty269 wrote:
Is it a Silverliner or an Arrow?
Dunno
 #1279008  by Limited-Clear

The car at Overbrook is on hold, it is SLII #257, 9001 and a Louis are on hold at Wayne Electric.

Woodbourne yard is not accessible by foot or road, the only way to see the yard is from the train, if they have a cut of cars on 1 yard you won't see much.
 #1279076  by glennk419

Limited-Clear wrote:The car at Overbrook is on hold, it is SLII #257, 9001 and a Louis are on hold at Wayne Electric.

Woodbourne yard is not accessible by foot or road, the only way to see the yard is from the train, if they have a cut of cars on 1 yard you won't see much.
Thanks. 257 is obviously being held on the property for litigation purposes. It would be sad and ironic if it turns out to be the LAST SLII in Septaland.
 #1279432  by 25Hz

SubwayTim wrote:
ex Budd man wrote:About 8:45 this morning the last few IIs & IIIs left Wayne Junction on their way to Woodboure yard. Power for the move was provided by RL-1a 60 and 61ironically running long hood forward. I took a few pictures with my cell phone and if they are half decent I'll up load them tonight. They were severily "tagged" by local vandals, a sad end to a great career. Adios old friends :-(
Whereabouts is Woodbourne Yard? I plan to be in Philly this weekend and if it's not too far "out of the way", I may drive by there and try to get some pics.
You cannot drive there, but it is visible from the southbound side of interstate 95 just after the woodbourne road overpass. You can also see it from the fenced bridge of maple ave\213 that also passes over i95.
 #1279699  by R36 Combine Coach

NorthPennLimited wrote:The scrapper is leasing a track in Skillman, NJ from the rock quarry at 3M to cut up the cars. You have a better chance of getting a shot up there.
As I mentioned before, operations have seemed to wrapped up there. The equipment and trucks are gone.

It appears the Silverliner III that is being on hold is 233 or 235 (possibly 238).
 #1279823  by ex Budd man

Here are a few pictures of the Budds as they went past the shop.
P6260358.jpg
P6260358.jpg
all photo by Robert Nester.
the gondola cars are part of the wire train, the scrap wire goes in them. the light fixtures are needed since much of the routine maintenance is done at night.