Railroad Forums 

• Levittown replacement official!!!

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1273785  by scotty269

25Hz wrote:Yea, i posted a PDF of west trenton line options in the NJT forum. I have no idea how it got brought up in here, wasn't my doing.

Perhaps someone is confused between trenton & west trenton line...... Levittown station is on the Trenton line otherwise known as the northeast corridor.

I'm curious as to what the new ticket office/waiting room will be like inside, and if there will be bathrooms available when the ticket agent is gone for the day. I am getting really tired of having to plan around the lack of sanitary facilities onboard & at stations. Any thought on what we should expect here??
Aren't there some bushes around? If you gotta go, you gotta go.
 #1273830  by 25Hz

scotty269 wrote:
25Hz wrote:Yea, i posted a PDF of west trenton line options in the NJT forum. I have no idea how it got brought up in here, wasn't my doing.

Perhaps someone is confused between trenton & west trenton line...... Levittown station is on the Trenton line otherwise known as the northeast corridor.

I'm curious as to what the new ticket office/waiting room will be like inside, and if there will be bathrooms available when the ticket agent is gone for the day. I am getting really tired of having to plan around the lack of sanitary facilities onboard & at stations. Any thought on what we should expect here??
Aren't there some bushes around? If you gotta go, you gotta go.
Nope, they've been pretty aggressive on vegetation trimming. It's illegal anyways.
 #1273977  by loufah

The Dunkin Donuts is 390 feet from the existing station. That could be an under-2-minute sprint, depending on the traffic lights on 13 and one's degree of motivation.
 #1273990  by 25Hz

That looks close from the station, but it's a death trap trying to cross 13. I believe 13 will get at the very least a wide C shaped crosswalk, with the left side of the C crossing 13.
 #1274023  by scotty269

loufah wrote:The Dunkin Donuts is 390 feet from the existing station. That could be an under-2-minute sprint, depending on the traffic lights on 13 and one's degree of motivation.
I don't think any members of this forum, 24Hz included, could do a sprint of any distance let alone 2 minutes.
 #1274046  by 25Hz

scotty269 wrote:
loufah wrote:The Dunkin Donuts is 390 feet from the existing station. That could be an under-2-minute sprint, depending on the traffic lights on 13 and one's degree of motivation.
I don't think any members of this forum, 24Hz included, could do a sprint of any distance let alone 2 minutes.
Not to be contrary but.....

I've flat out ran from my ex's place on ave A to 34th st HBLR a few times to catch the train (.6 miles, 7 minutes with lights against me is my record), from 202 overpass on limekiln rd/west street to doylestown station a few times coming from my friends house on the other side (1.5 miles), including in 90+ degree heat, and from 44th & broadway times square to penn station (.8 miles) down onto a train 2x. All of these times i've had loaded backpack & sometimes full winter clothing.

I live car free and bike pretty much every day, i'm thinking about joining a local pro cycling team.