Railroad Forums 

• Yonkers, NY builders plates

• Discussion of Fairbanks-Morse locomotive products. Official web site can be found here: www.fairbanksmorse.com.
Discussion of Fairbanks-Morse locomotive products. Official web site can be found here: www.fairbanksmorse.com.

Moderator: pablo

#562782  by Otto Vondrak

A friend recently showed me a F-M builder's plate off a Mexican locomotive dated 1963. What threw me was the YONKERS, N.Y. on the plate instead of BELOIT, WI. He said it had something to do with the fact that Beloit had already closed its locomotive offices, but the sale was completed through the Yonkers offices, which handled marine sales. The locomotives were built in Beloit, but shipped with Yonkers plates.

Anyone have more details?

-otto-
 #611216  by FCP503

As far as I know the last F-M loco built was Chihuahua al Pacifico number 301 an H12-44, b/n 12L1111 b/d 3/61.
 #627892  by ivanlove

L1203 is the last FM serial plate. The plates are somewhat smaller than the stainless steel plates and those last few engines H-16-44 were shipped to Mexico. I understand that Younkers was the sale office location. If you friend ever wants to sell the plate contact me. $$$$$$$$