Railroad Forums 

• Plans for my H12-44 #1845

• Discussion of Fairbanks-Morse locomotive products. Official web site can be found here: www.fairbanksmorse.com.
Discussion of Fairbanks-Morse locomotive products. Official web site can be found here: www.fairbanksmorse.com.

Moderator: pablo

#857352  by railroadcarmover

Sorry for such a last response but the plan is I will be moving the unit out of the mill within a few months. I will be shipping it to my mechanics shop so we can work on the engine and get her running again.

So it can be moved, I had to have some leaks on the air system fixed. Also had to change out some brake rigging parts. Fixed the parking brake also.

Before I ship it, I am going to bar the engine by hand so I can check the timing between the 2 cranks to see how far off the timing is. ( supposed to be 12 degrees off ) The verticle connecting shaft is twisted so I want to verify that we can detect the fact that the timing is indeed "off" as a result of this.

I am in the process of having the waybill set up. I am also going to plate over the windows for shipping as well as removing the horn. I may also have to change the couplers and draft gear, but I am hoping that is not the case.