Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley Baldwin Switcher NO.200

• Discussion of Fairbanks-Morse locomotive products. Official web site can be found here: www.fairbanksmorse.com.
Discussion of Fairbanks-Morse locomotive products. Official web site can be found here: www.fairbanksmorse.com.

Moderator: pablo

#111442  by steelwheels

:P Hi Guys this is going back in time when I was serving an Apprenticeship on the CNR part of my training eas at an Interchange point in my case Niagara Falls Ontario time frame early 50,s at that time the Lehigh Valley ,The Erieand the Wabash all ran trains through the Falls at night we would get a train from Suspension Bridge on the Lehigh its number was MS told it stood for Manchester to Suspension Bridge another later the SS Sayer Pa.to Suspension Bridge and one other I cant recall the No. anyway one night it came across it was powered by a large Baldwin Road Switcher NO. 200 it was the only time I can recall seeing it The Erie also had a big Black&yellow Switcher I cant recall make or model its been a while The Wabash used 2-8-2 Mikados on the Junkers but Their Hotshot was the Wabash Flying Saucer poewred by GM F-3s painted a silverish geay and blue with a flag on the nose of the engines real sharp she did not stop we gave her a running inspestion and she was on her way to Detroit via Welland Junction Too bad to-day all these roads are Fallen Flags :(

#115562  by steelwheels

Hi Thanks for your reply re the Baldwin Switcher I wonder what brought it to Niagara Falls I can only recall seeing it only once unless it was up here acc shortage of power Thanks again Kenny :-D

#115766  by SRS125

Well after it put its time in on the Auburn, Div. It was transfered to the Cortland Div. The Lehigh Valley like any Outher line They most likley had a train going in that dirction and added it in the lash up. They were a vary intresting railroad being that they had hundreds of Yard Switchers it was nothing for them to put 8 SW9's or even SW7's or SW8's on a train NW units and even VO1000's could also be found in Fraght and Passenger Service when the need to move a train came calling. They did have larger ALCO, EMD, and some GE units as well.