Railroad Forums 

• Proposal for a “Farewell GP40Ps” fan trip

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#4443  by BlockLine_4111

I say leave the locos "as is" and run the trip. For little to no expense we can put a temporary CNJ logo over the NJT nose logo. I have seen this done on the 1985 E8 excursion on the RVL.

The fantrip should be a joint collaboration between TriState, NJT, and URHS (if deemed necessary).

#4513  by nick11a

Even if the logos are just on draperies hanging from the front.

But, I would be very happy with these locos going as is with everything the way it is now.

#9873  by BlockLine_4111

I want to see my 410X relics get the farewell cermony they deserve and as how I have described it here. Maybe Steve aka NJT4172 and his TriState RHS members can pull some strings and get this done.

#9918  by njt4172

Block,

I am not really active in Tri-State anymore so I can't "pull some strings" as you like to call it! Sorry charlie!

#10077  by Engineer

AlcoMD wrote:Does NJT even have a paint shop ?

I don't think so........
One of those stupid NJT moves. Built the MMC without a paintshop. Off to Juniata they go....

#10082  by Sirsonic

Actually the MMC does have a paint shop, although it is not used to paint locomotives. NJT does not need to paint locomotives very often. When they do, it is usually in conjunction with some other major project that would require the locomotive to be sent out anyway.

#11181  by msernak

I do not know if NJT has a paint shop, but the 4877 (GG1) was painted in the shop building in Raritan NJ.

#11211  by transit383

msernak wrote:I do not know if NJT has a paint shop, but the 4877 (GG1) was painted in the shop building in Raritan NJ.
They towed it all the way up to Raritan to paint it? Interesting....