Railroad Forums 

• Bombardier to Cut 6,600 Jobs From Train Operations

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#2610  by Mark Schweber

No indication that this will affect NJT's order in any way but I figured I would pass it on anyway.

I especially took note of this sentence "Bombardier last month named Andre Navarri, a former executive of European competitor Alstom SA, as president of its train business. Navarri was chosen because he boosted profit at Alstom's train unit by 50 percent by eliminating redundant jobs and shutting underutilized plants, similar to what Tellier would like to do, Bombardier spokeswoman Dominique Dionne said at the time. "

Bombardier to Cut 6,600 Jobs From Train Operations (Update4)

March 17 (Bloomberg) -- Bombardier Inc., the world's biggest maker of train equipment, said it will cut 6,600 jobs in its train business, or 19 percent of the division's workforce, and close seven plants in Europe to trim annual costs by C$600 million.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pi ... refer=home

#2621  by Jtgshu

Navarri was chosen because he boosted profit at Alstom's train unit by 50 percent by eliminating redundant jobs and shutting underutilized plants, similar to what Tellier would like to do

Call me crazy, but didn't Alstom just get a multibillion dollar bailout from the French govt???? Did he "boost profit" or "cut losses" 50 percent?

As long as they build the C6's like the C4's NJT will be fine, and the equipment will be great. Hopefully they aren't firing the people that know what they are doing...........!!!

#2629  by DutchRailnut

the Alstom contract has nothing to do with this.
and the layoffs are in Europe not in North America were production is still below demand.