Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#587463  by northjerseybuff

So now that the Andover section will be built and is going out to bid soon..will NJT put in crossovers at Port Morris to enter the cutoff..seems like this interlocking will be changing..any thoughts?..and lets keep it about what IS happening to Andover..no stuff on the scranton will or will not stuff
 #587470  by rushhour

Sorry to sound like an idiot but I don't feel like browsing all the topics on here...unless someone can provide me a link.

You mean to tell me they are going to start construction in the near future? When was the approval made to start building out towards Andover? I really havn't been keeping track of the Cut-off lately...

Thanks

JRS
 #587531  by thebigc

Probably just an interlocked switch off of "A" track, a facing point westward one, and make it part of Morris Jct. It'll probably "diverge" just west of the station, in the vicinity of the beginning of the curve there. I put quotes around diverging because it'll probably look kinda like a straight route from "A" track to the cutoff due to the curve.

I don't see the need for any crossovers what with the ones at Morris Jct. just east of Lake Hopatcong station.

I wonder if they'll put the wye back...
 #587634  by Uzi-Cat

The wye would be nice as there isn't much room at Denville to turn stuff because the limited size of one of the legs of the wye.