Railroad Forums 

• Pardon my mega-avatar

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#98  by duey

Usually when I have an avatar, on other sites, it automatically scales it down to a certain size. Looks like that didn't happen here. :shock:
 #104  by nick11a

duey wrote:Usually when I have an avatar, on other sites, it automatically scales it down to a certain size. Looks like that didn't happen here. :shock:
Yeah, I see that. Well, I'm gonna venture a guess and say there will be a limit established to the sizes of the avatars by the mods or admins. I had to shrink mine down quite a bit to get it to decent size. You'll probably have to find a smaller one or find someway to shrink the one you have down or maybe the powers that be will program this forum to shrink images down to a certain size automatically.

Speaking of mods, IC, I guess you'll be reinstated as the mod right?

#252  by thebigc

By the way, just how do you upload an avatar? I have tons of my own pictures I can use.

#286  by nick11a

Well BigC, you need to find someplace online to store your avatar. So you edit your photo to size, upload to a website and then in your profile, enter its html.

#1134  by arrow

bigc, if you send me the file that you want, I will put it on my website and you can link to it. Let me know.

#1418  by thebigc

OK Arrow, thanks. I've already edited it down to the size of a postage stamp on my screen but couldn't figure the rest out. Let me know...

#2678  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Nick,

Is that the Perth Amboy bridge(your avatar)

?

Thanks.

#2885  by nick11a

Indeed it is. I grew up two blocks from that bridge. That is part of a photo I took during one of my reading days for an exam last semester. I took it around December 12, 2003. The real photo shows the whole bridge and the whole train. It is one of my favorite spots for watching trains.

#2897  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

I do go there alot as well. :D

Even catch some CSX in the mornings.

#3159  by james1787

Testing my avatar..