Railroad Forums 

• More crossovers at County interlocking?

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#178796  by Silverliner II

Jtgshu wrote:So then why aren't they called "hooves" then????? hahaha

In "choochoo U" we were told that it was because they looked like squished frogs after a rain with their arms and legs stretched out - aka Frogger after a run in with a generic computer design semi!!!!!
I'd never looked at it that way before, but now that you mention it....

And I never was really very good at Frogger, back in the day! :-D

#178821  by Jersey_Mike

So then why aren't they called "hooves" then????? hahaha

In "choochoo U" we were told that it was because they looked like squished frogs after a rain with their arms and legs stretched out - aka Frogger after a run in with a generic computer design semi!!!!!
As you can see from this pic....they were mistaken.

Spread the word!!

#178861  by TR-00

Hey Mike, keeping accurate, no signal ever displays an indication. Rather they all display aspects. :P
 #1208523  by twropr

Were the switches at County finally upgraded to moveable point frogs? If so, when did this occur? Also were the triangles removed in favor of flashing position lights? What are the speeds for diverging moves?

Andy
 #1208623  by nick11a

twropr wrote:Were the switches at County finally upgraded to moveable point frogs? If so, when did this occur? Also were the triangles removed in favor of flashing position lights? What are the speeds for diverging moves?

Andy
Yes, there were new signals installed... I'd say 5 years ago roughly. They are capable of displaying "Limited Clear" by use of the flashing green position lights.
 #1208806  by Jtgshu

Wow, talk about buried in the archives!!!

I love venturing into those deep dark pages where things are covered in cobwebs and long forgotten screenames and people lurk!

For even more fun, go to "wayback machine" and pull up the various versions of RR.net before this one!!! Some GREAT stuff in there too!! And last time i was on there, surprisingly a lot of the links and pages worked
 #1210217  by OportRailfan

twropr wrote:Were the switches at County finally upgraded to moveable point frogs? If so, when did this occur? Also were the triangles removed in favor of flashing position lights? What are the speeds for diverging moves?

Andy
Yes, County was upgraded and has MPF's capable of being ran over reverse at 45 mph. Also, the last place (that I knew of), that had a triangle next to the signal to indicate limited was at the 128R signal at Dock governing west movements on 2 Trk.
 #1210220  by Jersey_Mike

OportRailfan wrote:

Andy
Yes, County was upgraded and has MPF's capable of being ran over reverse at 45 mph. Also, the last place (that I knew of), that had a triangle next to the signal to indicate limited was at the 128R signal at Dock governing west movements on 2 Trk.
BRYN MAWR interlocking still has Limited speed triangles for crossover movements between tracks (1 and 2) and (3 and 4). Limited Speed triangles are also still popular in Canada.
 #1210225  by Jersey_Mike

OportRailfan wrote:Ok. I meant the NYD of the NEC.
If it wasn't for BRYN MAWR you probably wouldn't have needed to make that qualification as I know of no others in the United States, but I'm sure there's one hiding out somewhere.
 #1210933  by BuddSilverliner269

Jersey_Mike wrote:
OportRailfan wrote:

Andy
BRYN MAWR interlocking still has Limited speed triangles for crossover movements between tracks (1 and 2) and (3 and 4). Limited Speed triangles are also still popular in Canada.
Bryn Mawr interlocking still has the triangles but they aren't needed since the bottom aspect flashes.
 #1211705  by BuddSilverliner269

Jersey_Mike wrote:I'm sorry, I was not specific enough there. BRYN MAWR interlocking proper does not have the triangles which were removed after the 1994 fire and re-signaling, but the distant signals to BRYN MAWR have retained the triangles.
Correct as that's what I meant. Not the interlocking itself.