Railroad Forums 

• Atlantic City Line to Reopen Early With Added Service

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1512269  by NorEasterNick

CNJGeep wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:04 pm Wasn't enough to get his trains back, I guess.
The fight never ends. I can't recall the last time I actually rode the train but I stepped into this to give thousands of people a voice they otherwise wouldn't have had. I have the largest media platform in the entire region and if I didn't use it to represent the people who are being short changed, it would be selfish. I rented busses to bring passengers to board meetings, I confronted Kevin Corbett several times and I've advocated for an improved schedule. This has nothing to do with me, but everything to do with the potentially thousands who could be using this line as a viable means to commute to and from work. As the Atlantic City economy rebuilds it is vital to bolster it with reliable transportation that will entice people to visit. Right now the schedule doesn't do that. The schedule 10 years ago, while still not perfect, would suffice. NJT needs to realize that they can better utilize crews and equipment by terminating non-rush hour trains in Cherry Hill or Pennsauken. You can increase the number of trips made and pay less to Amtrak for use of the corridor.

Revitalizing South Jersey transportation will be a key issue I run on when I announce my bid for office.