Railroad Forums 

• NJTransit Normal Schedule Resumption

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1499779  by ryanov

Something I haven't seen mentioned: tickets purchased with a 1/31 expiration date will be accepted until 2/28 after all. HOWEVER, if you bought electronic tickets, NJT stole them from you on 1/31 (or at least between then and 2/3 when I thought to look). I've contacted customer service as I had one ticket that should still be valid for the rest of the month.

From NJT Alerts:

"Feb 07, 2019 07:24:23 PM
Discounted rail tickets with an expiration date of January 31, 2019 will be accepted for travel through February 28, 2019."
 #1499832  by EuroStar

The whole discounted tickets thing was a publicity stunt by the governor. I never understood why those tickets needed to have an expiration date. Why couldn't they just mark them differently and have people pay the difference to the regular fare to the conductor once the discount period was over for paper tickets and make the passengers pay that difference before being able to actovate the tickets for the electronic tickets on the app.
 #1499993  by lensovet

EuroStar wrote:The whole discounted tickets thing was a publicity stunt by the governor. I never understood why those tickets needed to have an expiration date. Why couldn't they just mark them differently and have people pay the difference to the regular fare to the conductor once the discount period was over for paper tickets and make the passengers pay that difference before being able to actovate the tickets for the electronic tickets on the app.
because trains are already overstaffed, what we need now is for people to keep conductors busy by paying the difference in dollars and cents…come on.
 #1500586  by ryanov

Generally because they don't do that sort of thing, and allowing you to buy non-expiring tickets would have people stocking up on cheap tickets.
 #1502119  by pumpers

NJ Transit has now posted on their website that the AC line and Princeton Branch are coming back into service on May 24.
Set your watches. Supposedly the governor put the squeeze on them to announce a date.
Don't know about the other misc. cutbacks.