Railroad Forums 

• High Bridge, NJ parking

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1493588  by carajul

I'm staying in Phillipsburg PA with some friends and we want to head into NYC but don't want to drive. We wanna take the train. I didn't realize what having no rail served into Penna is...until I actually need it! Anyway what is the deal with parking overnight in High Bridge, NJ? Is there parking and is overnight permitted? We figured we would drive to High Bridge, NJ park and take the NJ Transit train in. And besides I've never ridden on the CNJ mainline.
 #1493629  by MACTRAXX

Carajul:

Check the Raritan Valley Line timetable closely for the limited weekday train service operating
west of Raritan. With NY&LB's finding of problems with what I believe is limited parking at High
Bridge other stations such as Annandale, Lebanon or White House may have space available.
These three stations may have more convenient access from I-78...

I will use High Bridge eastbound departure times (seven trains)
5:51, 6:12, 6:41, 9:18AM; 12:18, 3:00 and 4:52PM. For those three stations add four,eight and
fourteen minutes respectively.

Westbound the last RVL train to High Bridge leaves NWK at 11:08 PM (10:38 from NYP) weeknights.

Raritan and stations east provide more frequent hourly based service but may have restrictions on
parking - check carefully before you choose a station. A possibility coming to mind is Bridgewater.
With the large parking area for the Somerset Patriots Baseball Park it looks to be near I-287.
Hope that this helps plan your trip...MACTRAXX
 #1494008  by R36 Combine Coach

Trans-Bridge offers frequent service from Phillipsburg Mall and Clinton, faster than rail and with more service. Check schedules.