Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1465422  by trainster78

As per the "F40PH-2CAT's" forum, there have been speculations that 4145 is to return to service. Are all of the current PH-2A units planned for this?
 #1465424  by CNJGeep

trainster78 wrote:As per the "F40PH-2CAT's" forum, there have been speculations that 4145 is to return to service. Are all of the current PH-2A units planned for this?
No plans set in stone. So far 4208, and 4205 have been reactivated, with 4145 looking to be next to be released. Who knows which one, if any, will be next.
 #1465506  by Zuccaraillo

Is anyone aware if the -2A’s have been down the NJCL recently? It seems like ages since their last trip down.
 #1465674  by NJT4149

Zuccaraillo wrote:Is anyone aware if the -2A’s have been down the NJCL recently? It seems like ages since their last trip down.
I think 2014 was the last time a 2A was on the Coast. They’re all OOS at the moment, though 4145 is testing...
 #1465682  by liftedjeep

Hopefully they show up on the Atlantic City Line.

For well over a year now, it's been nothing but Geeps. I had heard the PL's have been outlawed down here.
Ben
 #1465772  by Graeme Salt

Travelled the AC line early Feb and at least two of the turns were ALP45DP, maybe I was just unlucky?
 #1465783  by liftedjeep

Graeme Salt wrote:Travelled the AC line early Feb and at least two of the turns were ALP45DP, maybe I was just unlucky?
They were actually extras that were brought in to help with the increase in passenger traffic for the Eagles parade after their Superbowl win. The 45's hung around for a day or two afterwards.
Ben
 #1468459  by Fan Railer

liftedjeep wrote:Hopefully they show up on the Atlantic City Line.

For well over a year now, it's been nothing but Geeps. I had heard the PL's have been outlawed down here.
Ben
What's wrong with having PLs down on the AC?
 #1468472  by liftedjeep

Fan Railer wrote:
liftedjeep wrote:Hopefully they show up on the Atlantic City Line.

Ben
What's wrong with having PLs down on the AC?
If you're asking for my personal reasons, I think they are ugly and I would much rather prefer seeing the GP40s.

As to why they were outlawed, that I do not know, nor have I been able to find the reason. But it has been more than a year since one has been on the ACL.
Ben
 #1468685  by blockline4180

Read on Facebook and was told by an employee friend that 4145 is heading to Maryland in exchange for the leased MARC coaches. Can anyone confirm for sure? Thanks.
 #1468694  by amtrakhogger

blockline4180 wrote:Read on Facebook and was told by an employee friend that 4145 is heading to Maryland in exchange for the leased MARC coaches. Can anyone confirm for sure? Thanks.
According to Trainsmag Newswire today, the deal is confirmed and the equipment exchange should occur in the near future. However, no info on which loco is going south (only that it is one scheduled to be retired.)
 #1469736  by trainster78

If it’s not the 4145 could it possibly be one of the F40PH-2CATs that they have been leading around (to AMT, etc.)?
 #1469757  by twropr

Maryland MTA told me the ten coaches will be available to NJT for eight weeks but did not have word on which GP40 they would be getting.
Andy
 #1470044  by sullivan1985

NJTR 4145 is the trade piece for Maryland.

The remaining GP40PH-2As are likely never going anywhere again.

4146, 4147 and 4149 have had many parts taken from them to repair other GP40s in the fleet. 4150 donated its prime mover to one of them, too.
 #1470203  by blockline4180

sullivan1985 wrote:NJTR 4145 is the trade piece for Maryland.
Thanks. Will the engine return to passenger service up here once the 8 week MARC lease is over as the news articles and so called press releases have stated?? Or is it just another non revenue engine??
Seems strange that NJT will only lease the MARC stuff for 2 months and not throughout the entire summer.