Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1508830  by ExCon90

Ah, but without street running through the middle of Burlington.
 #1508895  by ALP45DP 4515

Off topic but if I may ask, it seems lately that the river line is plagued by mechanical failures almost daily. Are these GTW units in that bad of shape?
 #1508924  by lensovet

EuroStar wrote:May I make a suggestion? The executive director has been holding public feedback sessions. Why not go to one of them and inquire about this? Make a suggestion that they adjust the schedule. While there is no guarantee, you would be surprised how much can be accomplished if one tries to do something rather than just complain about it. If you cannot go to one of the sessions go to one of the monthly board meetings or just write a polite letter explaining the issue.

While your mileage might vary depending who you contact, how well they understand the issue and how close/far they are from the decision makers on that particular issue, you would do good for many fellow passengers by pointing this out to the people at NJT. My personal experience was that certain schedule adjustment was made about 6 months after I wrote a letter explaining certain overcrowding issues during rush hour.
Doesn’t look like anyone did this and this thread has just been brought from the dead so I decided to try it. We’ll see what happens!
 #1509046  by jamesinclair

Best of luck! I submitted feedback online and never heard back.

I also reported a bus schedule that was obviously incorrect (the express was marked as taking longer than the local) and did get a response - but it was never fixed.
 #1529207  by Graeme Salt

I'm looking for inter-station mileages for the River Line, or at least the distance from Pennsauken to Trenton - I've tried various Google searches but not come up with anything, so wondering if anyone has a mileage chart or similar?
 #1529221  by Graeme Salt

WashingtonPark wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:51 pm Try this. https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Trenton/Pe ... ne-Station Click on tram. Type in your stations.
Thanks for replying, but I don't see where R2R gives a distance for public transport options, only driving/walking (which is the same with Google Maps.)

Incidentally Wikipedia gives mileages for NJT heavy rail lines, but not the River Line.
 #1529264  by chuchubob

36th Street station is at mp 3.50. Route 73 station is at mp 6.47. Trenton station is at mp 33.19.
Info from "River LINE" by Al Fazio: Railpace, 2007.
 #1529273  by Graeme Salt

chuchubob wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:12 am 36th Street station is at mp 3.50. Route 73 station is at mp 6.47. Trenton station is at mp 33.19.
Info from "River LINE" by Al Fazio: Railpace, 2007.
Thanks, good info! Does it happen to give the mp at Pennsauken Transit Center?
 #1529281  by chuchubob

The Pennsauken Transit Center wasn't built yet when Al Fazio wrote his first River LINE book, but it lists the Conrail/NJT Atlantic City Line bridge over the River LINE as mp 4.87.
 #1529285  by WashingtonPark

Graeme Salt wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:35 pm
WashingtonPark wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:51 pm Try this. https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Trenton/Pe ... ne-Station Click on tram. Type in your stations.
Thanks for replying, but I don't see where R2R gives a distance for public transport options, only driving/walking (which is the same with Google Maps.)

Incidentally Wikipedia gives mileages for NJT heavy rail lines, but not the River Line.
It's there. Click on tram, scroll, click on the small Riverline purple icon. Look to the right of the purple header. It's 26.8 miles Rt.73 to Trenton. Route 73 to South Burlington is 10.9 miles. It will do mileage between any two stations, but the website isn't user friendly and you'll have to work on it to get the hang of it.
 #1529288  by Graeme Salt

Thanks WashingtonPark and chuchubob both, that gives me what I need, most helpful.
 #1529321  by lensovet

Looking at the map there's a wye that goes from northbound river line to eastbound AC line. would it make any sense to run service over this to Haddonfield and back? is the wye even operational?
 #1529324  by liftedjeep

lensovet wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:35 am Looking at the map there's a wye that goes from northbound river line to eastbound AC line. would it make any sense to run service over this to Haddonfield and back? is the wye even operational?
The portion of the wye you are referring to is the route that WPCA-20 utilizes (Mon - Fri) to access the Hainesport Industrial Track from Pavonia Yard in Camden, via the Atlantic City Line.

The other section (leg) of the wye is how freights into and out of Jersey get from Pavonia Yard to the Delair Bridge, and vise versa.

Haddonfield (Haddon Heights) is accessed from Pavonia via the Beesley's Point Secondary.

Ben