Railroad Forums 

• Commuter Rail Delay Discussion

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1380982  by philipmartin

Gladstone Branch wrote:Due to a trespassers strike at S. Orange, M&E service is delayed up to an hour. For example, 0429 is 49 minutes late; 6343 came in just now a bit less than an hour late.
Police tend to tie up tracks for a couple of hours while they investigate fatalities.
 #1381050  by philipmartin

Yesterday (April18th) Amtrak signal problems knocked westbound trains out of Newark. Ditto this morning, signal problems between Trenton and Newark, causing massive delays. This afternoon we had a brush fire east of Newark. My guess would be the meadows. Service suspended between Newark and New York for a few hours.
From NJ.com http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index.s ... in_se.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1381225  by philipmartin

philipmartin wrote:Yesterday (April18th) Amtrak signal problems knocked westbound trains out of Newark. Ditto this morning, signal problems between Trenton and Newark, causing massive delays. This afternoon we had a brush fire east of Newark. My guess would be the meadows. Service suspended between Newark and New York for a few hours.
From NJ.com http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index.s ... in_se.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From nj.com "Working on the railroad." (My title.)
 #1387046  by philipmartin

3221, a New York - Long Brsnch train which comes back from LB as 3232, broke down in New York; never made it out of the station. The train after it, 3507, a NY - South Amboy train ran all the way to LB, and became 3232 there. They cancelled 3508 which is 3507's normal run back to NY.
 #1402131  by philipmartin

Northeast Corridor shut down at Elizabeth, NJ, at around 8pm Sunday, Sept. 18, 2016, until around 5:30am the next morning, account bombs found in the area.
According to a news report it is believed that the man who planted the bombs in the Chelsea section of Manhattan, Ahmad Khan Rahami, transported them from Elizabeth to New York on an NJ Transit train.
 #1411260  by Ken W2KB

1 of 2
FRM:NJ Transit Alerts
SUBJ:NJ Transit Alerts
MSG:Update1: NEC, NJCL, RVL, and MidTown Direct trains are sub to 15 min. delays in and out
(Con't) 2 of 2
of NYPS due to an unruly passenger causing a delay on a train at Sec.

Sent: 8:56 AM
(End)

The few minutes before this notice said disabled NJT train at Sec. I wonder if a disgruntled passenger on the disabled train created a ruckess after his/her train was annouced as delayed?
 #1411366  by Backshophoss

Passenger dropped cellphone while moving between cars,per WCBS stream,passenger dumped the air(E-valve),
was charged by NJT PD for criminal trespass for starters,and for stopping the train for no reason.
 #1411453  by kilroy

Too bad he didn't drop it from the platform as the train was approaching. That way Darwin could have helped us all out.