Railroad Forums 

• River Line Grand Opening

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#25  by transit383

Does anyone know what is planned for the River Line Grand Opening this weekend? I'd hate to see it open without much fanfare, but there doesn't seem to be any official news regarding its inauguration.
 #44  by chuchubob

There's a separate forum for NJT light rail.

I don't KNOW about opening day ceremonies, but I read on a message board that there will be one at noon on Saturday at the Walter Rand T.C. in Camden.

Also, I know somebody who was invited to an opening ceremony in Trenton on Saturday. He didn't say what time.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118 ... 6449TjALnA

#54  by JLo

CCB, is that the famous (or infamous) Parkade building in the background? I never knew where the Walter Rand was.

:twisted:

Staring at the emoticons is going to make me do something bad, I just know it.
 #84  by chuchubob

Walter Rand is located at Broadway and Mickle (Martin Luther King) Blvd, across Broadway from the old Broadway PATCO station and two steps from the new West Wing of PATCO's Broadway station.

Here's a different perspective, that shows the infamous Parkade building as well as City Hall.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/118 ... 6627QRwBbB

#288  by transit383

I am aware of the NJT Light Rail Forum, but it doesn't see nearly as much traffic as the NJT Forum does. Personally, I'd like to see the NJT Light Rail Forum eliminated and this forum used for all NJT material.

#313  by chuchubob

I prefer having the separate NJT light rail forum because the NJT forum is so popular that light rail items can get lost in the volume of (mostly North Jersey) NJT messages.

#318  by Jtgshu

I think they should be seperate, but I think that messages should be cross posted sometimes too. I mean, the River Line is going to interact with NJT heavy rail at Trenton and SHOULD meet up with it at the ACL, but thats another story.......

Lets see how the article links and www links work....here is a story about the opening of the River Line from the Trenton times

http://www.nj.com/news/times/index.ssf? ... 862728.xml

#545  by transit383

Got an email from NJT today because I signed up for the River LINE mailing list. It is as follows:

NJ TRANSIT will begin River LINE rail service this Sunday, March 14. From Camden's waterfront to downtown Trenton, now it's easier than ever to get to work, school, or visit family and friends - all at just $1.10 a ride.

To welcome River LINE rail service customers, PATCO is offering a free connection to its service area, west to Center City Philadelphia and east to Lindenwold, New Jersey from March 15 to March 26. Customers who show their River LINE ticket to a PATCO Representative at Walter Rand Transportation Center/Broadway Station will receive a complimentary PATCO round-trip ticket. To learn more about this promotion, please visit www.riverline.com or inquire with a PATCO Representative.

The 34-mile long River LINE is serviced by state-of-the-art, diesel-powered light rail vehicles that are ADA compliant and equipped with bicycle and luggage racks.

So, I guess if there was anything good happening this weekend, they would have stated it in this email.

#785  by TR-00

NJT should have sent out another e-mail too.

"Beginning March 14th, the State of New Jersey will start the count down on a new annual debt of 45 million dollars in bond payments and an additional 23 million dollars (estimated) in operating subsidies. To take the taxpayer's mind of such well spent dollars, NJT has included in its artwork program a statue of a typical NJ Taxpayer. Take note of this masterpiece at the Trenton Station. The statue of the taxpayer is appropriatly named "Ben Dover"."

#799  by nick11a

TR-00 wrote:NJT should have sent out another e-mail too.

"Beginning March 14th, the State of New Jersey will start the count down on a new annual debt of 45 million dollars in bond payments and an additional 23 million dollars (estimated) in operating subsidies. To take the taxpayer's mind of such well spent dollars, NJT has included in its artwork program a statue of a typical NJ Taxpayer. Take note of this masterpiece at the Trenton Station. The statue of the taxpayer is appropriatly named "Ben Dover"."
I like it TR. You should be NJT's publicist! :wink: