Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#970977  by Forest Glen

I'm thinking about going on a tour of the Coney Island Yard, but before I spend $50 I want to know if it's worth it. I want to see a variety of rolling stock (particularly the R46 and R68/a. I wouldn't mind a R40 either). What does the tour encompass?
 #971601  by railfan365

Forest Glen wrote:I'm thinking about going on a tour of the Coney Island Yard, but before I spend $50 I want to know if it's worth it. I want to see a variety of rolling stock (particularly the R46 and R68/a. I wouldn't mind a R40 either). What does the tour encompass?
While I can't tell ou about a tour - you won't see any R-40's - they're all gone. And the R-46's are in Jamaica, Pitkin, and 207th Street.
 #972071  by Fan Railer

Forest Glen wrote:I'm thinking about going on a tour of the Coney Island Yard, but before I spend $50 I want to know if it's worth it. I want to see a variety of rolling stock (particularly the R46 and R68/a. I wouldn't mind a R40 either). What does the tour encompass?
seeing the images that come out of those tours, i would say it's well worth the 50 bucks if you're an avid transit fan =)