Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#911054  by Head-end View

Right; bring up the clocks along with the need for trash cans, and a large window in the cab-door. I'm sure they'll take immediate action................. Sorry for the cynicism. I spent 25 years working for government. (Chuckle!)
 #911104  by n2cbo

Head-end View wrote:Right; bring up the clocks along with the need for trash cans, and a large window in the cab-door. I'm sure they'll take immediate action................. Sorry for the cynicism. I spent 25 years working for government. (Chuckle!)
I doubt they will do anything about the cab door window (I won't even bring that up...), but I'll bet something gets done about the clocks. The management of PATH really DOES respond to legitimate issues brought up by the advisory board. PATH is by far the most "customer oriented" commuter line I have seen. Just the fact that they even HAVE an advisory board shows that. One of our "Jobs" (In quotes since we are all volunteers) on the panel is to actually ride the system and mark down on cards any things that we see that are not up to our satisfaction as customers. Things such as foul odors in the elevators, stations, or rolling stock; doors not functioning properly, or even rude or inattentive employees (although I must admit I have NEVER found one of those yet). If a card is turned in, the appropriate director on the management team is notified and there is follow up back to the board member that turned in the problem. These people REALLY DO CARE!!! And I found out that they ARE looking into a few types of trash cans, or alternatives.