Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#995836  by Fan Railer

R36 Combine Coach wrote:It could be modifications, but if you recall, there was a 10-car option for 350 total cars.
lol yea... one that was never very much publicized... hence why we know so little about the details...
 #995837  by Head-end View

This might be the 10 additional cars that were ordered over the original 340. If they are getting 5 cabs and 5 cab-less cars the new highest numbers should be 5825/cab-cars and 5225/cab-less cars. If anybody knows different, please correct me.
 #1080327  by Fan Railer

Head-end View wrote:Interesting..........thanks Martin. Surprised no one picked up on this 2 years ago.
I actually recall seeing this a while ago. Dunno why I never passed it on in this direction.....
 #1167849  by JCGUY

I saw a blue PATH car on a flatbed truck at around 6:30 p.m. last week, on Frank E. Rodgers Blvd. in Harrison, I believe on Thursday. I didn't catch the car number. Would that be a car that PATH is taking delivery of, perhaps in connection with its supplemental order of cars, or one sent away for some reason?
 #1213166  by Head-end View

Going back to our earlier discussion of the ten additional "A" cars probably being numbered 5820-5829. I actually saw car 5828 a while back, so it looks like that was correct.