Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

M&Eman
Posts: 1198
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:53 pm

Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by M&Eman »

According to an ESPN article, Thierry Henry took the PATH from Manhattan to Harrison for his debut with the New York Red Bulls in a friendly against Tottenham Hotspur. Can anyone confirm this as true? If true, I wonder how he took to the crowdedness of a weekday afternoon/evening PATH train and if anyone recognized him.
"The Erie only sells 1 way tickets on the NJ&NY because it only has a 99 year lease on the line."

nyrmetros
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:59 am

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by nyrmetros »

100% true. Don't know if that will continue with the publicity it received. PATH was a holy mess after the game on Thursday night. Took 1 hour to get on the PATH at Harrison and then that train dided at Journal Square and then it tokk 30 minutes to get a 33rd street train. Didn't get to Manhattan till 12:17 am and I missed my LIRR and had to wait at Penn till 1:18 am. :(

blasito
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:45 am
Location: JC Heights

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by blasito »

From Capital - a news blog about how NY works:

Thierry Henry Rides PATH

...
"It was the quickest way to come to the game," Henry said in a press conference following what turned out to be 2-1 exhibition-tournament loss to Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal’s detested London rival. "I was on the train with my friends, with all the fans. It was quite an experience. It was the quickest way to come, so that's how I came. It was cool."
...

There you have it folks, world soccer legend Theirry Henry thinks our PATH is cool!!!!!!!

nyrmetros
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:59 am

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by nyrmetros »

Except so many people who went to the Tottenham and Man City games said they wouldn't come back because it took abn hour to wait for PATH after the game.

Between3and20
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 am

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by Between3and20 »

nyrmetros wrote:Except so many people who went to the Tottenham and Man City games said they wouldn't come back because it took abn hour to wait for PATH after the game.
Yeah. Nobody takes PATH anymore because it's too crowded. :-D

nyrmetros
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:59 am

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by nyrmetros »

Not quite saying that, but a lot of people were turned off from coming back because they waited an hour in line for the Harrison Path. Of course an 8 minute walk to Newark Penn solves the problem, but these people are not venturing in to Newark for a second...........

Between3and20
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 am

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by Between3and20 »

nyrmetros wrote:Not quite saying that, but a lot of people were turned off from coming back because they waited an hour in line for the Harrison Path. Of course an 8 minute walk to Newark Penn solves the problem, but these people are not venturing in to Newark for a second...........
FWIW, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the IronBound section, where the bridge takes you. If people would rather wait than take that course, it's their own decision.

Really, that stadium should have never opened with the given dearth of infrastructure (roads in particular). It was poor planning from the outset. No ... make that LACK OF planning. Can't blame PATH for that.

nyrmetros
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:59 am

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by nyrmetros »

I agree that there is nothign wrong with the Ironbound area. I go to a placed called El Pastor all the time. Great food and cheap booze.

Between3and20
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 am

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by Between3and20 »

nyrmetros wrote:I agree that there is nothign wrong with the Ironbound area. I go to a placed called El Pastor all the time. Great food and cheap booze.
More of an mmmBello's kinda guy myself ... maybe a bit TOO often. :-D

nyrmetros
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:59 am

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by nyrmetros »

Between3and20 wrote:
nyrmetros wrote:I agree that there is nothign wrong with the Ironbound area. I go to a placed called El Pastor all the time. Great food and cheap booze.
More of an mmmBello's kinda guy myself ... maybe a bit TOO often. :-D
Bellos is a good place as well.

nyrmetros
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:59 am

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by nyrmetros »

M&Eman wrote:According to an ESPN article, Thierry Henry took the PATH from Manhattan to Harrison for his debut with the New York Red Bulls in a friendly against Tottenham Hotspur. Can anyone confirm this as true? If true, I wonder how he took to the crowdedness of a weekday afternoon/evening PATH train and if anyone recognized him.
After the San Jose game. Both Henry and Marquez and a few other players were taking PATH back to the city.

Image

blasito
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:45 am
Location: JC Heights

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by blasito »

Thanks for the photo nymetros!

I've been enjoying the PATH to the Arena, but have been rushing at the last minute to get to the games after work. I will try to ride it earlier next weekend and hope to ride with our stars.

nyrmetros
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:59 am

Re: Thierry Henry on the PATH?

Post by nyrmetros »

I am not sure if they are getting on at 33rd or getting on downtown.

Return to “NYC MTA Subway and Rail, PATH and SIRT”