Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#758775  by RWERN

Well, the A has the highest station count of 66, I believe. Discounting shuttle services, the 7 has the fewest with only 21 stops.
 #761249  by R36 Combine Coach

RWERN wrote:Well, the A has the highest station count of 66, I believe. Discounting shuttle services, the 7 has the fewest with only 21 stops.
Is that all stops when the A runs local late nights or just the normal count on express schedule?
 #762356  by RWERN

R36 Combine Coach wrote:
RWERN wrote:Well, the A has the highest station count of 66, I believe. Discounting shuttle services, the 7 has the fewest with only 21 stops.
Is that all stops when the A runs local late nights or just the normal count on express schedule?
That count is of all stations at which the A train stops during some kind of planned service, inclusive of late night locals, service to Aqueduct Racetrack, and the peak service to Rockaway Park.
 #762469  by R36 Combine Coach

Ok, the A is also the longest route (31 miles) and the only one to have three branches.