Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#655313  by OportRailfan

I can't find any for them online...I searched a bunch of places.
 #655485  by Otto Vondrak

Okay, I'll continue to poke around... I figure they have to have a current reporting mark, since PATH is under FRA jurisdiction and each car has to be blue-carded... unless they are under some sort of super-waiver... :-)
 #659636  by jtunnel

The H&M equipment fit within the PRR classification system. Could the PRR have just piggybacked the H&M under the "PRR" marks?
 #659693  by OportRailfan

I was thinking it had to be PATH.

All the flat cars are numbered on the sides as PATH ##

and there are 3 ballast cars sitting behind the hill as you come eastward out of harrison just before the yard, on some stub tracks. They're numbered PATH B1, B2, and B3
 #659709  by PONYA

CarterB wrote:Otto, according to: http://www.pwrr.org/rrm/rrmh.html
HDM Hudson and Manhattan and PATH Port Authority Trans Hudson
Taken from Homepage of above site.
Reporting marks, along with the car serial number, are used by shippers and railroads to identify specific pieces of rolling stock. All organizations with cars in interchange service are assigned reporting marks by the AAR.

I am going to guess that since PATH does not operate with "interchange service" they must qualify for a waiver by the FRA. {They have a zillion}

The only blue card tags I know of for PATH is when motor units have train motors that are not running. These cars and the operating end cars have blue tags to inform the Engineers and Car Inspectors of the car in consist with no motors. This is an FRA Regulation for PATH.
 #659848  by PONYA

The PATH flat cars are numbered sequentionally in order of purchase. No basis of having them numbered according to FRA Rules, just PATH's internal numbering system.