Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#631247  by Andrew

I went to 180Livingston this past Monday..I took the tests..My BP was high..I didnt pass the blow test.and there was a problem with my EKG.
he doctor there told me to have my own doctor look at me and determine if I am fit for the Train Operator Position.
I went to him this ast Tuesday....I got another EKG...blood test.Everything was good.I got a letter of clearance from him.

MY Question is.I am going to go there tomorrow and bring in the information.The class for New Train Operators starts Monday.DO I have a chance at this class??OR is the class fillled up already.which means that My number is taken off the list.and I have to get reinstated.etc.

I HOPE I am somehow able to get in this class.
 #643904  by FRIEDCHIKKIN

Andrew wrote:I went to 180Livingston this past Monday..I took the tests..My BP was high..I didnt pass the blow test.and there was a problem with my EKG.
he doctor there told me to have my own doctor look at me and determine if I am fit for the Train Operator Position.
I went to him this ast Tuesday....I got another EKG...blood test.Everything was good.I got a letter of clearance from him.

MY Question is.I am going to go there tomorrow and bring in the information.The class for New Train Operators starts Monday.DO I have a chance at this class??OR is the class fillled up already.which means that My number is taken off the list.and I have to get reinstated.etc.

I HOPE I am somehow able to get in this class.
From the experience of other people whom had to go through the same thing you may have to wait for the next available class which could be months away. I don't think they can completely disqualify you especially if you have proof from a doctor, which is what the TA doctors are there to do-make sure you're 100% ready at the time of their tests to qualify for said position or have you come back with doctor's notes stating you meet the requirements where their tests prove you fall short-they save money not giving in-depth exams to everyone, especially if they're not sure you're going to become an employee.