Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#588675  by RetiredLIRRConductor

Well he was arrested again, the 26th time.
Seems he flashed a badge and phoney ID to a LIRR Conductor.
On Sunday, a conductor recognized him from a "be-on-the-lookout" bulletin posted by MTA police, officials said.
When approached by the conductor, McCollum showed the badge and bogus "National Justice Bureau" ID card, officials said.
National justice league? LOL. Sounds like Superman's "Justice League of America".
The train crew notified MTA police officers, who arrested McCollum at the Babylon station in Suffolk County. His mother complained that authorities are "picking on him, not trying to help him.
"If he wears dark clothes, they pick him up," she said. "Anytime he goes on a train, it's going to happen."
Hmmm suprised she did not Blame Bush for it.
Well anyway here is the Link to the story.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... ust_f.html
 #588698  by DutchRailnut

Darius is not only one, there are several dangerous rail buffs out there, And telling Company officials about them does not get results.
MNCR has its own problems with buzzerboy, who carries railroads keys and he seeks access to restricted area's.
He even gave one crew a brake test without and company involvement , again there are more , many more.
 #588699  by 3rdrail

Darius's big mistake was not wearing the authentic cape when he impersonated a member of the National Justice Bureau.
 #588752  by Lirr168

Impersonating a federal officer? Come on, that's excessive. You really have to feel bad for the guy more than anything. Prison will nothing for this guy but predispose him to commit a worse crime. What he really needs is some intensive therapy, but heaven forbid the state invest in that rather than room and board for a few years.
 #588814  by Jersey_Mike

He need to move to a new City like Philly or Chicago. He's too well known in NYC and his crazy antics don't work any more :-)
 #588881  by DogBert

Jersey_Mike wrote:He need to move to a new City like Philly or Chicago. He's too well known in NYC and his crazy antics don't work any more :-)
Apparently he lives in NC now and is so obsessed he keeps coming back.
 #588892  by BuddSilverliner269

Jersey_Mike wrote:He need to move to a new City like Philly or Chicago. He's too well known in NYC and his crazy antics don't work any more :-)
Hell No Mike. We have enough nuts down here in Philly.....I should know. :wink:
 #588931  by Howiew

Please keep him away from Buffalo's Subway.
 #589101  by RetiredLIRRConductor

Yeah poor Darius, I dont know if he was railroaded, but is seems those who should be protecting him are asleep at the switch .
This poor guys life has been like a runaway train.
Someone has to take custody of Darius and his onetrack mind, before his life becomes a complete train wreck.
Hopefully with a little counseling he can find another way to blow off steam, before his life is completely derailed, and he ends up thrown by the wayside.
I hope somebody can sidetrack this guy away from his obsessions.
Then maybe he will see the light at the end of the tunnel.
 #589118  by PW team track

RetiredLIRRConductor wrote:Yeah poor Darius, I dont know if he was railroaded, but is seems those who should be protecting him are asleep at the switch .
This poor guys life has been like a runaway train.
Someone has to take custody of Darius and his onetrack mind, before his life becomes a complete train wreck.
Hopefully with a little counseling he can find another way to blow off steam, before his life is completely derailed, and he ends up thrown by the wayside.
I hope somebody can sidetrack this guy away from his obsessions.
I'm impressed! :)
 #589415  by BMT

Yeah, but for Darius, the 'light at the end of the tunnel' might be an oncoming train with no brakes! :(
 #589455  by RetiredLIRRConductor

"Yeah, but for Darius, the 'light at the end of the tunnel' might be an oncoming train with no brakes!"

Hmmmm engine 160?? :wink:
 #589881  by BuddSilverliner269

Hello everyone. Im curious because im not real familiar with this guy or his history, but before he developed a criminal record, could he have gotten a job on the subways or railroad. Would there have been anything stopping him either mentally or physically or whatever? Would the MTA hire this guy now even with a record or would it not be a good idea at all? The guy obviously loves to be on transit or railroad property. I guess maybe I feel bad for the guy but then again like I said Im not real familiar with the man.