Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#578658  by OportRailfan

Just wondering if any of the employees knew exactly what was going on this afternoon.

My guess is a disabled train in between Christopher Street and Hoboken?

They were running NWK-WTC regularly, and implemented instead of the 33st - JSQ via weekend route, the standard 33st-JSQ train, with a Hoboken shuttle between there and Pavonia
 #578671  by henry6

OportRailfan wrote:Just wondering if any of the employees knew exactly what was going on this afternoon.

My guess is a disabled train in between Christopher Street and Hoboken?

They were running NWK-WTC regularly, and implemented instead of the 33st - JSQ via weekend route, the standard 33st-JSQ train, with a Hoboken shuttle between there and Pavonia
Did you check the PATH website on the banner to this forum?
 #578674  by OportRailfan

yeah...i'm looking for a more definitive answer from employees... i.e. tunnel letter, caisson number, etc.
 #578686  by henry6

OportRailfan wrote:yeah...i'm looking for a more definitive answer from employees... i.e. tunnel letter, caisson number, etc.
It is scheduled work described on the site with explanations and schedules.
 #578708  by OportRailfan

I doubt that having car equipment problems is scheduled work...look at the live alert...they still haven't taken it down...I don't know what scheduled work you're talking about, where at?
 #579296  by PONYA

Sunday disruption to service was a passenger train derailment just outside Hoboken by Caisson. No injuries happened about 1:00pm. Took about 8 hours to have normal service restored.