Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#525568  by BobLI

Hi,

As i passed by on the Coney Island F train at 7th ave around noon today they were filming a movie on the platform. Train in the platform on the express track and lots of extras as riders.
Any idea whats being filmed?

#525942  by RailBus63

Probably the Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 remake.

#527742  by 48toNYP

They've been filming a lot of that over in Woodside. This weekend I looked out the window of my #7 train and was dumbfounded to see a #6 train on the express track. It was one of the newer trains too (R-142?) For the life of me I couldn't figure out how they routed it onto the #7 line.

#527857  by Kamen Rider

48toNYP wrote:They've been filming a lot of that over in Woodside. This weekend I looked out the window of my #7 train and was dumbfounded to see a #6 train on the express track. It was one of the newer trains too (R-142?) For the life of me I couldn't figure out how they routed it onto the #7 line.
um, Down the westchester to 125th, back up the jerome to the ramp to concourse yard, down the concourse line, CPW, 6th or 8th, over the northside of the manny B, reverse near deKalb, back over the south side, and then up to broadway line to the switch system north of QBP.

#532049  by trainjunkies

Movie you saw filming is called "Julie and Julia."