Harrison Station Rehabilitation?

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

blasito

Harrison Station Rehabilitation?

Post by blasito »

I 've seen mention in articles (though I can't seem to find any online now) about the Harrison Redevelopment plan, that the PATH station in Harrison is going to be renovated. The county and city are building new parking facilities, but I can't find any details as to what else is planned. I hope the old east bound entrance is not demolished or remuddled. Does anyone know more details?

Steve F45

Post by Steve F45 »

isn't the new soccer stadium beeing built just to the south of the station?

JLo

Post by JLo »

The soccer stadium is supposed to go southeast of the existing station. The rehab is probably going to happen soon, as spring '07 some of the demolition for the new development is supposed to begin.
"One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor." George Carlin

arrow

Post by arrow »

The demolition of the large buildings in the area is already complete south of Harrison. It looks like general sitework going on right now to clear the way for the stadium and survey the area.
"Please do not attempt to board the train until it has arrived in the station. Thank you."

"Use Track 5 for the 5:17 local train to Raritan which has just departed."

JLo

Post by JLo »

Arrow, yes, the stadium area is being cleared. I was talking about the residential and commercial area just north of the PATH station.
"One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor." George Carlin

arrow

Post by arrow »

Do you mean the area with the huge parking lot? If so, what will happen to the tons of people that use it?
"Please do not attempt to board the train until it has arrived in the station. Thank you."

"Use Track 5 for the 5:17 local train to Raritan which has just departed."

nyrmetros

Re: Harrison Station Rehabilitation?

Post by nyrmetros »

Stadium and parking garage are finally built. Can't wait till the rennovated station comes.

Return to “NYC MTA Subway and Rail, PATH and SIRT”