Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1511481  by ajp

what the the average mean time between shuttle consist exchanges on the shuttle for maintenance cycles?
dare i assume that they don’t wrap the trains in place but in some yard then exchange them also?
 #1511505  by R36 Combine Coach

The shuttle cars have major work and overhauls at 207 Street. Track 1 is connected to the southbound Lexington Local, track 4 connects to the northbound Broadway local.
 #1511543  by Backshophoss

When a set cycles out,the platform plates over the track are removed,and are put back when the new set cycles in
Remember this was part of the IRT's original route.
 #1511550  by ajp

my question was what was the time between changeouts either in hours or distance travelled for mandatory maintenance
 #1511604  by ExCon90

Backshophoss wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:04 pm When a set cycles out,the platform plates over the track are removed,and are put back when the new set cycles in
Remember this was part of the IRT's original route.
Does that make the shuttle the oldest "temporary" operation on the system? And was the centennial commemorated last year? (Hard to see what else they could have done.)
 #1513510  by ajp

I noticed that the track 3 set was changed out last night
and all the cars have a “serviced at Livonia” sticker on them