Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1459739  by Kamen Rider

Well for starters the Canarsie line is a Siemens system and the Flushing line was built by Thales.
 #1459776  by GirlOnTheTrain

It's a dumpster fire for one, whereas the L line is at least generally functional ;)

Supposedly being turned on 24/7 starting Monday, I can see the angry headlines now when the rush turns into a mess...
 #1460619  by 35dtmrs92

It's Wednesday, and no angry headlines yet. Can anyone confirm whether it has been turned on? I may be riding the 7 this weekend.
 #1460697  by Allan

According to an article in AMNY from last December, they are having issues and are supposedly running a partial CBTC with the expectation that it will be fully operation in Spring 2018

https://www.amny.com/transit/7-train-up ... 1.15419603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am checking with my sources and will get back.
 #1460702  by GirlOnTheTrain

0945-1445 weekdays and all day weekends between Main Street and Woodside. Still lots of running in bypass. Lots of BIE's coming into/leaving Main Street.

My source: someone in CBTC training this week, which trumps Subchat, just sayin' ;)