PA Police barring media

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

AndyB

PA Police barring media

Post by AndyB » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:29 am

So you think we have problems as railfans.

Bonnie Friedman is a reporter for the Jersey Journal (Jersey City,NJ) she writes a column called The Commuter and her job IS to cover commuters, commuter transit and commuting problems.

She has a very interesting editorial today on the hassles she is going through just trying to do her job.

See:
http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/bas ... lbf&coll=3
Knowledge has no value, unless shared with others.

washingtonsecondary

Post by washingtonsecondary » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:32 am

I think what is more shocking is that there a semi-attractive women intrested in trains. Her picture is on the web site, something of a snappy looking item!

nick11a

Post by nick11a » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:37 am

washingtonsecondary wrote:I think what is more shocking is that there a semi-attractive women intrested in trains. Her picture is on the web site, something of a snappy looking item!
Yeah, not bad. :P
~Nick O.: Moderator: NJT Rail

Moderator of the "widely popular" NJT Rail Forum! What once was first is now seventh!

ryanov

Post by ryanov » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:41 am

washingtonsecondary wrote:I think what is more shocking is that there a semi-attractive women intrested in trains. Her picture is on the web site, something of a snappy looking item!
She rode the train like once and decided it was better to drive into JC -- how interested could she be? :)
|=| R. Novosielski |=|

nick11a

Post by nick11a » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:44 am

ryanov wrote:
She rode the train like once and decided it was better to drive into JC -- how interested could she be? :)
I'm confident that if she saw me on the train, she would feel moved to ride the train more.
~Nick O.: Moderator: NJT Rail

Moderator of the "widely popular" NJT Rail Forum! What once was first is now seventh!

chuchubob

Post by chuchubob » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:04 am

nick11a wrote: I'm confident that if she saw me on the train, she would feel moved to ride the train more.
Now you're blatantly asking for it!

Bob

Lackawanna484

Post by Lackawanna484 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:16 am

Ms Friedman asks several good questions, but there's no doubt in my mind that the PANYNJ and the PATH police on on different frequencies. My guess is the PATH cops are not interested in anyone taking pictures. Period.

The captain surprises me, though. There's no way this guy is unaware of the official position. It's somewhat along the line of Chief Bober thumbing his nose at the law, until Attorney General Harvey squared him on the law.

Don31

Post by Don31 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:24 am

Another example of the police over-stepping their authority. Its only gonna get worse guys.....

Metalrailz

Post by Metalrailz » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:01 pm

Nick11a wrote:I'm confident that if she saw me on the train, she would feel moved to ride the train more.
Hey Nick do you find it hard to walk through doorways with your head swelled that much??? And does your head and body fit into the same room?? LOL :-D
THIS SPACE FOR RENT...Enquire within.

TuckertonRR

Post by TuckertonRR » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:03 pm

Wonder if she's single..... :P

octr202
Location: In the land of the once and future 73 trackless trolley.

Post by octr202 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:14 pm

And to think there was once a time when I wondered how the NJT forum got so many posts on it...

:wink:
Wondering if I'll see the Haverhill double-tracking finished before I retire...
Photo: Melbourne W7 No. 1019 on Route 78, Bridge & Church Streets, Richmond, Victoria. 10/21/2010

Idiot Railfan

Post by Idiot Railfan » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:05 pm

This has nothing to do with fight terrorism. It's simply the police and other organizations finally doing what they've always wanted to do. Get rid of that pesky press.
"But Dad. It's Smokey!"

JLo

Post by JLo » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:15 pm

This has nothing to do with fight terrorism. It's simply the police and other organizations finally doing what they've always wanted to do. Get rid of that pesky press.
Of course, that is why we have courts to slap them down. That's the traditional dynamic of how this country works.
"One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor." George Carlin

Lackawanna484

Post by Lackawanna484 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:20 pm

I'm sure most 4 year plus PAPD officers wonder if there was some signal they missed, something they could have done to prevent the killing of 237 fellow officers and five dogs. I'd be surprised if that isn't a constant issue for some WTC / EWR / JFK based people. The 1993 bombers spent lots of time in the parking garage, mapping the columns and parking spaces near them. They undoubtedly walked past dozens of cops as they planned.

I'm not defending anything or anybody, but I'd be very surprised if anybody who looked like they were photographing weight bearing stanchions, etc would get away with a "hello young fellow" comment.

Don31

Post by Don31 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:46 pm

Lackawanna484 wrote:I'm sure most 4 year plus PAPD officers wonder if there was some signal they missed, something they could have done to prevent the killing of 237 fellow officers and five dogs. I'd be surprised if that isn't a constant issue for some WTC / EWR / JFK based people.
Not to be picky, but the PA lost 37 officers and one dog on 9/11.

Return to “NYC MTA Subway and Rail, PATH and SIRT”