Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1245904  by Tadman

File this one under the darwin awards area....

"File this under Terrible Ideas: A man filmed himself as he rode outside a subway car over the Williamsburg Bridge and posted the footage to YouTube."

http://gawker.com/amateur-every-teenage ... 8/@pgeorge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1247807  by BigUglyCat

Crabman1130 wrote:
theseaandalifesaver wrote:How did the operator not notice him at all? Unless all the footage is backwards and he was actually on the rear of the train.
I think he was.
We're getting a consensus here. I can't explain it, but, watching that video, I felt strongly that it was running backwards.
 #1247821  by Allan

The video was being shown in reverse on youtube.

If you look carefully the train is on the Brooklyn bound track as it goes over the Williamsburg Bridge and is "arriving" on the middle track at Essex St station.
Last edited by Allan on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1248733  by MACTRAXX

Everyone: I looked at this video myself and I agree that it was run in reverse...There is no way that someone would be foolish enough
to ride outside on the front of a train risking being seen by the train operator in the cab as well as being spotted by a police officer
or another NYCT employee as the train enters a station...

By posting this it gives others foolish ideas of how to ride a NYCT Subway train...

MACTRAXX
 #1252727  by n2cbo

MACTRAXX wrote:Everyone: I looked at this video myself and I agree that it was run in reverse...There is no way that someone would be foolish enough
to ride outside on the front of a train risking being seen by the train operator in the cab as well as being spotted by a police officer
or another NYCT employee as the train enters a station...

MACTRAXX

Plus the cars on the road are travelling 30-40 mph in reverse...