Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).
- Posts: 2654
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:00 pm
- Location: The second row on a SEPTA Silverliner V
New York would do well to take a page out of the Washington D.C. Metro's book on how to intelligently connect major airports and the Downtown areas for the convenience of the riding public. Philadelphia and Chicago are also good examples of the right way to do it.
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:54 pm
Let's not forget Atlanta.
Mind the gap
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:22 pm
Actually, most places that have rail access at all seem to have done better: Denver, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco--Los Angeles maybe not so much, no one-seat ride from downtown there.
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:00 pm
- Location: Dennisport,Ma
Boston too has Blue Line directly to State Street & Washington Ave..
- Posts: 3510
- Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:25 pm