Railroad Forums 

• FL9 F-10 Discussion: Metro-North / CtDOT / Amtrak

• This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.
This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1495718  by NaugyRR

That wouldn't be bad if the red/purple was closer to what's on the coach rather than the Geep lol
 #1508734  by shadyjay

An Amtrak Turboliner set that was rebuilt and either saw limited service (for a year, if that) or one of the rebuilds that was never placed into service. More on Amtrak forum, but tread lightly if posting in that thread.
 #1508822  by ExCon90

shadyjay wrote:An Amtrak Turboliner set that was rebuilt and either saw limited service (for a year, if that) or one of the rebuilds that was never placed into service. More on Amtrak forum, but tread lightly if posting in that thread.
Thanks, I wouldn't dare go near it--there might be trip wires ...
 #1509585  by Tadman

ExCon90 wrote:
shadyjay wrote:An Amtrak Turboliner set that was rebuilt and either saw limited service (for a year, if that) or one of the rebuilds that was never placed into service. More on Amtrak forum, but tread lightly if posting in that thread.
Thanks, I wouldn't dare go near it--there might be trip wires ...
GirlOnTheTrain wrote:Turboliners are able to be discussed, it's just that certain people go careening off into fantasy land when they're brought up.
100% this. We had a couple guys that could bring absolutely any thread around to "why don't we put the turboliners in revenue service again". Seriously, if we had a thread about UP 4014's restoration, one guy would be like "speaking of 4014, it runs on rails and I love turboliners and why don't we bring them back to service"... It was that bad.

But you are welcome and encouraged to discuss anything historic (IE anything turboliner that has already happened - could be 1975, could be yesterday), and any news about where they're going or stored.
 #1535235  by Milepost 110

Awhile ago, I was able to find where FICX was scrapping old equipment in Ashtabula, OH on Google Earth. I noticed that the 2 F10s and FL9 (410, 411, and 2008) that were sold for scrap in 2010 were still there. As of late 2018, they still sat there and someone even trespassed and got a YouTube video of them. I've checked Google Earth again with images from June 2019 and they are gone. I heard rumors that they were for sale and someone actually purchased them, but their name was undisclosed. Logic dictates that they have been scrapped. Anyone have any information to shed light on this?
 #1619963  by Jeff Smith

Wanna buy an FL9? NH 2029 / Amtrak 484 is for sale (login/registration for link required): https://ozarkmountainrailcar.com/railEq ... temId=3297

You can find some pictures of it in Amtrak service here: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locopi ... x?id=50572