Railroad Forums 

• FL9 F-10 Discussion: Metro-North / CtDOT / Amtrak

• This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.
This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1483058  by BandA

There is already a thread for Boston Surface Railroad under New England Railfan viewtopic.php?f=126&t=160242.

To give a quick summary, BSRR says they can run Commuter Rail privately from Providence to Worcester, and also keep going from Worcester to Lowell, reverse direction, then run to Nashua NH & Bedford NH (Manchester Airport). Over two host railroads & three states.

They own two locomotives, have leased Woonsocket RI Depot. Have agreement or memorandum of understanding with Woonsocket, Nashua, Worcester, Lowell, Amtrak, and G&W. Unclear if they have a deal with PAR. I think I read they have an option on coaches, but I can't remember.

Us rail fan posters cannot figure out how they will pay for insurance, rental at Providence Station, and how they will handle train meets at Lowell Station.

If they are successful, there will be Commuter Rail on these routes 10-20 years or more faster than if we waited for the government to provide money-losing service.
 #1488407  by DutchRailnut

2012 is sold to Larry's truck and Electric , what they will do with it ??? fix maybe, parting out, most likely.
 #1488437  by DutchRailnut

non,only one F10 left #413 supposedly heading for Danbury Railway Museum.

there are still 3 CDOT FL-9m's in New Haven but those are sold waiting for shipment.
 #1489935  by trainspot

Off the Loconotes group:
Ex-MNCR FL9 2012 is on the move out of Croton, NY on CSX Q704-31 and into Selkirk.

Moving under LTEX reporting marks and rumored to be eventually heading to Missouri
according to a report sent to me off another list.