Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1216883  by NH2060

Considering the nature of their upcoming rebuild and the fact that the DOT doesn't seem ready to get get rid of them for quite awhile perhaps their service lives could potentially rival those of the FL-9s or -dare I suggest- the F-10s? The earliest of the 6 already have nearly 42 years of service under their belt ;-)
 #1217453  by Terminal Proceed

OK ENOUGH ENOUGH of this!!!!! I am locking this thread and some of you will be receiving suspensions. If you don't like it tough. I will confer with Jeff on this. This is a moderated forum - and yes the moderator works 12 hour days on the railroad and doesnt need to come home to bunch of whiney, sniveling railfans who can't control themselves. THIS IS A MODERATED FORUM. As such, we create TOPICS AND THREADS. We STAY ON TOPIC and it DOES NOT GET DISCURSIVE. WE DONT POST IRRELEVANT DRIVEL.
SERIOUSLY _ GROW UP!!!!!

Locked until some of you are gone.

Kevin
 #1217688  by Jeff Smith

As in the other thread, apologies for the collateral damage. It looked like there were some really good responses to the thread hijack.

Also as in the other thread, do not respond to off-topic thread hijacks and argumentative troll-like posting. Just report them. If there's good stuff and we know it fast enough, we can split it out. Otherwise we have to slash and burn. It takes too much time to go through four pages of posts and find what's worthwhile.

This is a "Status" thread on GP40's for SLE. Some of the talk has to be at least tangentially related (i.e. MBTA's retiring fleet and so on as replacements). I hope I didn't delete that talk. Let's resume that discussion, and leave SLE expansion to Westerly and DMU's to the stars for other topics.

Thanks for your patience.
 #1226585  by fl9m2004

Not sure if this belongs here but does new haven have a car wash like Stamford yard
Because every time sle sets run jeeps that I see they are usually really clean
 #1226588  by DutchRailnut

no there is no car wash in New Haven, just Stamford on New Haven line.
 #1251586  by MNR's #1 Conductor

fl9m2004 wrote:Any sle gp40-2's around recently
6696 made an appearance about a week and a half ago, spotted it in NH.
 #1251615  by fl9m2004

Was it coming in on a train or in yard
Because every time I go to new haven which is about 3-4 times per year
I've seen them sitting there in yard
 #1251635  by DutchRailnut

well its hard to hide them elsewhere ...
 #1251673  by fl9m2004

That's true they could always have them all in the shop at once and leave the cars that are with them outside
Does CDOT do their engine stuff there in New Haven
The last time I was in New haven I got a really good shot of 6698 on 3634 right before he pushed out toward New London
Hopefully these engines will be around for quite a long while
Any on the 1926-1973-1640 recently or do they not come down to Stamford from Bridgeport that often