Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1339392  by R36 Combine Coach

FInal M8 status report - delivery completed, all 405 cars accepted as of 7/13/2015.

With the conditional acceptance of the 25 M8 single cars, the M4 and M6 triplets have been removed from train service.

Three 8-car M2 consists will be kept available for service and will operate on an exception-only basis, should the need arise.
 #1339586  by nomis

Mod Note: With all 380+25 cars on the property and accepted, I will be shutting down this thread. I will make splinter threads for the following.

M-8 Bar Cars: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 7&t=157132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

M-8 Bicycle Cars: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 7&t=160047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

M-8's on the SLE: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 7&t=157224" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1361850  by ACeInTheHole

An M8 pair and one Half an M8 pair were seen on the rear of an eastbound CSX train in Berea, Ohio earlier. Sounds like the Bridgeport replacement cars discussed a long time ago are inbound at long last. Id have put this in the Delivery thread but its locked
 #1361859  by DutchRailnut

The replacement cars have been in service for months , both CDOT and MN have reported all 405 M-8's are on property and in service.
you sure , your not looking at old report ?
 #1361864  by ACeInTheHole

Dont think so, what was reported earlier was just a pair with the last of the singles.. This is one half a pair and a full pair.. So.. Three cars.

If this is worth any salt.. They should be popping up on Grice's doorstep within the next week or two.
 #1361907  by Jeff Smith

They finalized that page a while ago; there won't be any updates. I used to have to tweak them on Twitter to get them to update while active delivery was actually going on. I wouldn't source that page for M8 replacements. Note: no opinion expressed on validity of report, but we appreciate the report and any future clarifications.
 #1361929  by ACeInTheHole

I also do not think they would want to update the page because of wreck replacements because it would be bad for PR. As ive already said, Im sure if there is any substance to this one, they will be on Grice's doorstep shortly
 #1361933  by DutchRailnut

Jeff the Bridgeport wreck, replacement cars were mated with survivors in Stamford at least 8 months ago.
 #1361953  by ACeInTheHole

well, I got a time stamp and can post some Railstream screen caps that this person got, three M8s, one half of a pair, one full pair, past Berea on an the tail end of an Eastbound CSX train at 1:21 this morning... it doesnt get any fresher than that.
 #1362081  by gregorygrice

ACeInTheHole wrote:well, I got a time stamp and can post some Railstream screen caps that this person got, three M8s, one half of a pair, one full pair, past Berea on an the tail end of an Eastbound CSX train at 1:21 this morning... it doesnt get any fresher than that.

Not that I'm doubting you or anything but do you mind sharing screenshots?
 #1362166  by DutchRailnut

still says nothing about when...
 #1362182  by ACeInTheHole

I asked the guy who took them, directly, when he saw them, as I already said, yesterday early morning. with CSXs shenanigans, they may be awhile out from Croton, just keep your eyes out for now is all Greg.