Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1498761  by Jeff Smith

That would work in Mamaroneck where the NYW&B track overpass was... not sure if it would fit on the other side. I’ve thought of that before, surprised as often as it gets hit, or something jams, they haven’t done it yet. I think one side is h8gher than the other, so they fit at first, then wedge as the street comes up. The street is not level.
 #1498892  by Jenny on a M2

DutchRailnut wrote:you can check it by zooming in on platforms in this document : https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... Charts.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Rochelle is 9 / 8 / 7 cars
White Plains is 10 cars
williams Bridge is 4 cars
Thanks for that link, Dutch! Super interesting and answers A LOT of the random questions that have popped into my head over the commuting years. :-D

One question: On the track chart pages, there's a line with semi-circles on them with numbers next to the semi-circles. I'm guessing that line denotes placement, direction, and length of curves in the track, correct? If so, how do I read it more in detail (i.e. What do the numbers mean?)

Thanks! :-)
 #1498898  by DutchRailnut

The track charts gives you at top a bar with instal dates /weight / etc for tracks
a bar with speeds for each track
the number in pointed square are mile post
Track map
Track curvatures
grade
elevation
 #1501291  by Travelsonic

Jeff Smith wrote:That photo has been floating around for a while... not sure of the source.
My older bro took that picture, haha - of course, as internet memes go, usually the person who originates the picture doesn't get the credit (right or wrong, it just happens - didn't stop him from being annoyed when the pic blew up). He was on a lunch break, running out to get some food while working for my parents at their office (which is a literal block from the station) when he saw it. I got less interesting pictures of the truck, from the other side, still quite a funny coinkidink that a truck did that with those words painted on the side. :P
 #1503194  by Jeff Smith

Travelsonic wrote:... He was on a lunch break, running out to get some food while working for my parents at their office (which is a literal block from the station) when he saw it. ... :P
Sal's? Enzo's? Modern on the Rails? :-D