Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1497115  by Jeff Smith

LoHud.com: Hawthorne's train station restaurant is under new ownership

Somewhere in NYS Railfan we have a topic on trackside bars and eateries. I thought I'd start one on former station buildings now in use as restaurants. This article kind of got me thinking about where restaurants are/were or should be.

No mention of Mamaroneck and Modern on the Rails, which I've been to and like. I also ate at its predecessor, The Club Car. Any other ideas? Pelham? Harrison? Cuz Cob? :wink:
What had been The Station Cafe & Grill in the Hawthorne Metro-North Railroad station has been taken over by Wood & Fire, the restaurant group behind Pleasantville's Southern Table and Wood & Fire.
The Station House in Port Chester has closed and, according to owner Michael Janetta, is in the midst of a "repositioning." Same with its adjacent restaurant, Village Beer Garden.

Ardsley-based Riviera Bakehouse, meanwhile, is still on target to go into the Tarrytown train station though there's no exact timetable. Owner Liv Hansen is hoping for the summer but said it could be the fall or winter.
 #1497123  by CarterB

Valhalla Crossing, Valhalla NY
Club Car, Mamaroneck NY
Peppino's, Katonah
Hastings Station, Hastings on Hudson NY
 #1497142  by GirlOnTheTrain

Never one to ignore the red-headed stepchild branch: Naugatuck is now home to "The Station" (http://www.thestation.online/)

My favorite though, is Plan B in the old Simsbury station on the Canal line, but that's not MNRR related :P
 #1502506  by throttlejockey

I've been to Paci at Southport. It was either 1999 or 2000. All I remember is the food was good but the portions were small. Also a bit expensive if I remember correctly. It wasn't my kind of place.

I've also been to a restaurant on the lower Hudson during the same time period. I don't remember the name. It was ok. Sorry I can't give more or better info.
 #1509626  by R36 Combine Coach

-The Dining Car, Brewster
-Rolling Steam, Pelham
-Hudson Social Bar, Dobbs Ferry
-Brzzaar Cafe, Irvington
-Daily Fare Bakery, Bethel (in the new ConnDOT station, not old depot)
-Station House Wine Bar, Stratford
-Donut Crazy, Westport
-Southbound Cafe & Bar, Pearl River
-Golden Krust Caribbean, Spring Valley

And of course: GCT lower level dining concourse, Oyster Bar, Campbell Apartment.
 #1509670  by ExCon90

Speaking of the Campbell Apartment, wasn't there a report awhile back that it was going to discontinue public operation and be open for private parties only? Did anything come of that?
 #1509785  by R36 Combine Coach

ExCon90 wrote:Speaking of the Campbell Apartment, wasn't there a report awhile back that it was going to discontinue public operation and be open for private parties only? Did anything come of that?
Campbell is open, though now under new management (Gerber Group).
 #1509974  by Jenny on a M2

Rise and Shine, located in the southbound station house at Fairfield.

Doors open right onto the track 3 platform for added convenience when I'm running late. :wink:
 #1510492  by R36 Combine Coach

Going back further, Monroe station on the Erie Main Line (operated by MNCR for a few months in early 1983) is now "American Grill".