Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1498848  by DutchRailnut

CDOT will use its own shoreliners for Springfield line and maybe still on SLE when CDOT/MN pool gets MLV's.
CDOT owns about 49 of them all in great shape as all end door cars were total strip down overhaul by Bombardier in upstate NY.
 #1499111  by Engineer Spike

Wasn't the overhaul quite a while ago? I remember having a couple running on the end of a train that I brought to Selkirk once. I don't know whether Barre, VT plant was open still, so we got them via VTR, or the Plattsburgh plant. I still wonder why we didn't take them directly to Croton Harmon. Maybe they went over the B&A, and on to New Haven.
 #1513320  by XBNSFer

David Benton wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:35 pm The case for electrification may change quite rapidly in the next few years, as high carbon pricing becomes more necessary.
"High carbon pricing" is not, and never will become, "necessary." Whether politicians shove it down our throats may be another matter.
 #1513322  by XBNSFer

dha10001 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:54 pm
Backshophoss wrote:And I think Penn Station Access will very likely be realized. As far as I know the project already has $600+ in approved funding and broad political support from NY and CT pols.
Heh, $600 won't get you an opening line on a "study," much less anything else. ;)
 #1513351  by David Benton

XBNSFer wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:22 am
David Benton wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:35 pm The case for electrification may change quite rapidly in the next few years, as high carbon pricing becomes more necessary.
"High carbon pricing" is not, and never will become, "necessary." Whether politicians shove it down our throats may be another matter.
Fair point, though, I disagree on the never been necessary. ( in my opinion it was necessary 10 years ago).

modified statement:
The case for electrification may change quite rapidly in the next few years, as high carbon pricing becomes politically likely.