Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1474380  by nomis

Hey, at lease 3 of the 4 ex-NJT units have the new and upgraded air compressor. :-)
 #1474397  by Traingeek3629

I'm praying the poor P40s get a new paint job rather than someone throwing a Connecticut Commuter Rail sticker on them.

Although the discussion of the Constitution Liners is old and off-topic, I'd like to add that I saw them today, there were 10-12 of them on Track 6.
 #1474407  by DutchRailnut

nomis wrote:Hey, at lease 3 of the 4 ex-NJT units have the new and upgraded air compressor. :-)
like that would make difference on 3 car trains ?
 #1474410  by njtmnrrbuff

The new paint scheme doesn't look that bad. It will serve it's purpose-demonstrating that the scheme is for intended use on any CDOT owned motive power. The days of the old McGinnis paint scheme are over, pretty much, and in general, it would be good for the rolling stock to have a paint scheme representing what the current true colors really mean.
 #1474969  by nomis

If the contract was just awarded, and it is for 1,100 days. There will be 11 units ready in 1,000 days ;-)
 #1475292  by Backshophoss

If Beech Grove is doing the rebuilds,is the plan to add a ConnDOT unit at Springfield to the Lake Shore Ltd for the ferry move west?
Or have CSX Drag them in a 1 shot move to Beech Grove??
 #1480084  by DutchRailnut

problem must be on your end, no problem seeing the PDF pages of contract.