Railroad Forums 

• MBTA photo permit

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#10602  by Otto Vondrak

My experience was this: I visited the T last December (see the Boston PCC article on this site)... I got a photo permit and wore it around my neck at all times. Was only approached twice by friendly employees. Keeping the photo permit in plain sight helps avoid a lot of confrontation with employees, and actually makes them feel a little more at ease when they see you pointing a camera in their direction...

-otto-

#10961  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

is the State Trans. Building open Good Friday? What times are they open during the week and are they open on weekends? (times)

#11036  by jrc520

Be sure you wear it though. I've had drivers call me in, not checking if I had a permit even. watch out.

#11107  by efin98

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:is the State Trans. Building open Good Friday? What times are they open during the week and are they open on weekends? (times)
It is open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. It is a state office so it probably observes county, state, and federal holidays.

#13637  by MBTA Railfan

When I was there in 2000 they seemed to tune into video. Every time I was asked I had my video out. When I had my 35MM no one questioned me.

I guess it depends on who you run into.

In this day and age (of post 911 paranoid responses) I highly recomend getting a permit. I plan on getting one just for my one day in Boston.

Bob