Railroad Forums 

• Subway Delay Reports and Discussion (2011-2017)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#915276  by sery2831

Please post all subway(Blue, Green, Orange, and Red Line) delays and service issues here. A separate sticky for commuter rail delays has been provided.
 #915412  by danib62

Can we stipulate that delays and interruptions large enough to warrant busing should get their own threads while this one should get used for the more routine day to day lousiness?
 #915415  by sery2831

Well not all delays that require buses will necessarily need a separate thread. I would say large failures that make the press should get a thread that will ultimately get merged into this thread when done.
 #915575  by BostonUrbEx

15-20 minute delay earlier. A train stopped moving at about 7:15 at State St. The whole line was immediately held and finally left Oak Grove after it had made it through North Station. I saw a dark train slowly chug through Wellington when we stopped there, I assume that train was the culprit.
 #915723  by MBTA1016

dieciduej wrote:Looks like I fire in the Chinatown trackage area of the Orange Line. Boston Fire has evacuated trains.
The line was shut down between Chinatown
and north staton I don't if it's reopened
Last edited by MBTA1016 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #915724  by mitch3910

Mbta fan wrote:
dieciduej wrote:Looks like I fire in the Chinatown trackage area of the Orange Line. Boston Fire has evacuated trains.
and backbay I don't if it's reopened
Latest T-alert as of a couple minutes ago said service is running again with residual delays.
 #915731  by MBTA1016

It was a hour ago and it breaking news
they said the lines open and no one was hurt
that's good it was on channel 7
 #915746  by BostonUrbEx

Mbta fan wrote:
and north staton I don't if it's reopened
Shut down was between Back Bay and North Station.

Service was [supposedly] back to normal just in time for 5.
 #915747  by dieciduej

Looks like it was grease fire between Chinatown and Tufts Medical. Funny thing is when I went through there southbound this morning, glided through without one squeal of the flanges, I thought they must have fixed the flange greaser or brushed on some grease. Well back to the drawing board.

JoeD
 #916429  by diburning

Red line is being bustituted between Harvard and Broadway due to a red line worker falling through a manhole between the tracks. The worker was doing work in the area and fell through the manhole into a shaft at Charles/MGH. It is believed that both of his legs are broken.

This is all from 7NEWS. I love how their headline is "MBTA Worker Falls Through Track" I was watching and wondering how the hell does that happen (before they explained it)

MBTA Alert:
Red Line service SUSPENDED between Harvard and JFK due to medical emergency @ Charles. 3/30/2011 5:21 AM
Looks like I'll have to leave earlier this morning to catch a shuttle. Too bad morning rush hour commuter trains don't stop at JFK/UMASS.

I'll keep you guys posted if I find out more.
Last edited by diburning on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #916432  by diburning

6:14AM Update: They are now busing between Kendall and Broadway. I will be out the door in about 20 minutes to get to Central Sq. The worker is being rescued at this time. He fell 30 feet down a 2ftx2ft shaft. Parts of Cambridge st around the Charles/MGH area is also closed.

Hopefully train service will be restored by the time I get to Kendall.

(I need to stop pulling these all-nighters. John, please merge this into the Subway Delays thread. Thanks.)