• MBTA Forum Meet Up - June 19th

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

Would you like to do a MBTA Forum Meet Up?

Yes
83%
No
17%

by Otto Vondrak

Well, you can't have it at my house, not enough room. Also don't live in the area. But if you all do show up, make sure you're wearing your Railroad.Net T-shirts! (shameless plug)

http://www.cafeshops.com/railroadnet

-otto-

by efin98

Also make a great article for the homepage :D

by jrc520

small-b bastard. You know I do. I'll see what I can do :-p

When did you make that by the way?

by Otto Vondrak

About an hour ago, Roger Smith. ;-)

by Reddy Rocker

I wish I could get one, but I seriously doubt they come in my size, NTM I can't afford it.

by jrc520

hm. Nice to see someone knows where my .sig is from :-D

I think I might just get one. How long do you think it will last with regular use, btw?

As for staying on topic, I'm going to request that everyone who wants to go get a photo permit. And have something to wear it with. I don't want anyone getting busted by some idiot with a radio. (don't mind me, just bitter today). Also, Perhaps an informational packet would help, complete with photo rights and ACLU bust card. I'll see what I can do.

Also, Anyone who wants my cell phone #, just PM me.

by Otto Vondrak

re: the shirts, I'll leave the product up in the store for a while... if you guys would like some other custom designs, I'll see what I can do. they come in all sizes, from child's small to 4-XL. The graphic is a full-color ironed-on image. I have had a couple of shirts from cafepress for about two years of regular wash, and have only noticed ever so slight fading.

-otto-

by AmeriKenArtist

I'm in!

by ST214

Can we make the meeting time late enough to allow people like me to attend?? I would be coming in on the Commuter Rail from Fitchburg.

by ST214

Otto, how about one with a lightning stripe F40 on it??? You could put the 1921 on the back!

by efin98

That could be arranged ST214, how would arriving at North Station at around 5pm sound?

Here is a tentative itinerary that I have come up with so far, it hits quite a few different rail types and cars.
1. Meet at South Station for lunch at around Noon.
2. Leave South Station, arrive at Ashmont and transfer to the High Speed Line
3. Round trip on the HSL, riding through to Park Street
4. Take the B Line to BC
5. Ride back to Chestnut Hill Ave., walking over to Resevoir Station
6. Ride the D Line to Riverside
7. Ride D Line out to Lechemere
8. Ride back on the next available train, breaking up along the way if people choose to

I will be taking the Blue Line in, getting on at Wonderland. I will probably meet up with Jack Suslak there so if anybody coming from the North Shore wants to meet up ahead of time they can join us on the trip in.

by jrc520

sounds good to me. :-) I will be free that whole day, so whoever is going to be in the city first I can meet up with.

by CS

Boy Ottoman, I'm loving that shirt!
The meet up is looking nice guys!

by ST214

Efin, i didn't mean that late. I just thought this might start at 8AM or so. That's why i said that.

South Station at Noon sounds great. I can make that with no problem.

One small problem, can someone pick me up a photo permit, or will i go without???