Railroad Forums 

• MBTA Forum Meet Up - June 19th

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

Would you like to do a MBTA Forum Meet Up?

Yes
83%
No
17%

#5168  by Reddy Rocker

I saw another "no" vote. Those who voted "no", please show yourselves and explain why, or not...
 #5269  by Xplorer2000

This topic has been made a sticky.
CS
Eeeeewwww.......I'm not cleaning up after that!!!(Sorry, I just couldn't
resist that joke...LOL!!! :wink: :) :D )
As for those who voted no...maybe they're just not "people-persons"....I'd just be curious to see if the rest of us are as crazy as I am LOL!!!!

#5354  by efin98

Reddy Rocker wrote:I saw another "no" vote. Those who voted "no", please show yourselves and explain why, or not...
They have their reasons, if they choose not to go that's ok.

#5663  by tabslate

sounds like a great idea to me

#5930  by CS

Okay guys - obviously this is a good idea (I don't know what's with the wise guys who selected no) so now let's make it happen? When and where the MBTA forum meet?

#5960  by jrc520

well, for the when, it may be June 19, but I am open to an earlier one. as for where, I am thinking somewhere near a T stop. I'm almost always in Boston, and I can even give up to 3 people a lift into Boston, if you live on the North Shore area. Hopefully in April, since I lost my T pass this month, and would like to have it for a meet up. What days are people free?

oh yea, feel free to email me or PM me too. I'm also on AIM alot. if you want my cell, just ask me. I don't want to post it here though, for obvious reasons.

#6214  by AEM7AC920

Well I have to say I live in malden so i have no problem getting to north station or any other place and the date doesn't matter to me. :D
 #6948  by jrc520

Hm. since it looks like we will be having 14 people, we will need a nice big place to meet. How about Park St, not in the station but right near the doors(please let the weather be good ::fingers crossed::), and then onto food, which has yet to be determined. Then to the superstation.

For food, what the H*ll do you people eat? I usually eat Italian, for obvious reasons. I don't really mind anything though. Except Thai. >_<

hm. what's nearby there that's cheap and good anyways?

#7018  by efin98

Well when my friend had a railfest in Boston he gathered everybody at South Station and North Staiton, so those look to be great places to start. If the weather is good we could meet at Government Center or Park Street aboveground too.
As far as food goes, anythign and anythign would be ok for me(so long as it's not too expensive).

#7066  by fm535

At least South Station has the huge food court to eat and gather in.

#7344  by jrc520

South station it is then. Anyone disagree?

#7462  by efin98

South Station meet up and break for lunch it is, now as to what lines to ride?
I suggest a ride on a Type 8 on the B Line then maybe a walk down Chestnut Hill Ave. to the C Line or D Line for a ride eastbound(westbound and eastbound if taking the D).
That way we can get one of all three types of trolleys.

#7504  by jrc520

sounds good! I always ride those lines anyways, because I'm a nut like that :D

may I also make note that everyone should have a photo pass, and we should keep the cameras to a limited number, since the T has a lot of knuckleheads on it who would just love to look good by turning in someone w/ a camera. I'm bringing at least two, my cell-phone cam, which is kinda hidden anyways, and my transit catcher, the OM-1 from Olympus. ::licks his chops:: right then. If you want to bring a camera, cool. Just let's not have that many out at once. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather not have to bolt. also, if you have a scanner, try to bring it, so we can listen in on the action :)

good night folks.

feel free to contact me if you have any questions

#8881  by jack615

I would also like to join you guys on this fest, sounds like it would be a lot of fun. My suggestion is that we go on the red line after meeting for lunch at South Station and ride to Ashmont and catch the PCC's to Mattapan and then go back on the red line to Park St. After that we should go out on the green line as previously stated. Also a trip on the Blue Line is also something we should try to do.

Jack

#9236  by jrc520

Sounds good to me!