Railroad Forums 

• MBTA Memorabilia?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#907587  by BostonUrbEx

Cool, I don't know that I've ever seen an MTA token. :o

I'd be willing to buy some of each for sure. Anything so that they don't go back to the T and melted down or whatever they do with them! I'd like a little piece of T history. Better than those damn shirts they just came out with! ;)

I'll PM you. :)
 #907603  by CRail

What's wrong with the shirts? I think they were very well done. Links the equipment with the landmarks they serve so they can be relative to those who aren't interested in the cars themselves. Which, by the way, happens to be the clientele that they're targeting. I also like how the used older equipment in the drawings. They're a lot better than the mugs, anyone can just stick a map on something.
diburning wrote:The Dunkin Donuts at Oak Square has photo prints that they hang on their walls of PCCs, the Watertown car barn, older BERy equipment, etc, in addition to having couches and a large screen TV (that's not transit related)
The Dunkin Donuts in North Cambridge displays pictures of Type 5s (they could be 4s, I'd have to take a closer look because I don't remember exactly) in service on Mass Ave and in Harvard Square. The McDonald's on Route 16 in Chelsea used to be trolley themed as well. The big display in the middle of the dining room has been removed, I'm not sure if the pictures are still there or not.
 #907666  by Eliphaz

BostonUrbEx wrote: Hey, I'll buy them for your 1.25 each. :P
On reflection I have decided to keep them, sorry. I have four of the modern ones with the big T and one of the older MTA ones.

I just perused E bay a bit. Someone has made alot of cuff link sets out of T tokens for $15.
Id be tempted by those but i really dont wear shirts that require cufflinks...
 #907780  by RailBus63

R36 Combine Coach wrote:Any Applebee's (etc.) locations in the area have transit memorabilia?
I don't know, but the Pizzeria Uno in Harvard Square used to have a side rollsign box from a BERy/MTA trackless trolley (it was signed up 'MASSACHUSETTS STATION' one time I visited). Not sure if it's still there.
 #907809  by sery2831

RailBus63 wrote:I don't know, but the Pizzeria Uno in Harvard Square used to have a side rollsign box from a BERy/MTA trackless trolley (it was signed up 'MASSACHUSETTS STATION' one time I visited). Not sure if it's still there.
Which isn't still there? The Uno's or the sign ;)
 #907816  by 3rdrail

The meaning behind the rollsign is that they let their pizzas sit on the trackless overhead for a nice crispy crust.
 #908365  by RailBus63

sery2831 wrote:
RailBus63 wrote:I don't know, but the Pizzeria Uno in Harvard Square used to have a side rollsign box from a BERy/MTA trackless trolley (it was signed up 'MASSACHUSETTS STATION' one time I visited). Not sure if it's still there.
Which isn't still there? The Uno's or the sign ;)
Sorry - the rollsign. The restaurant is still in operation.
 #1508947  by Rbts Stn

Yeah, I'll bump an 8 year dead thread. Surprised we don't have any more activity here, considering the wealth of history behind the MBTA.

Cleaning up the house (top level only, so far) found a cache of 9 1992 Sail Boston MBTA tokens. I see the mbtagifts store sells them for $10 each, so I imagine they are really worth $3 to $5 each?

Anyone have any ideas where I can sell these, other than eBay, which would be my last preference?