Railroad Forums 

• MBTA Memorabilia?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#751348  by Adams_Umass_Boston

diburning wrote:What about those shirts sold in vaious touristy areas that say "I Hate The Green Line"? (a type 7 with a station sign that says "I Hate The" on the white part and "Green Line" on the green part)
BigUglyCat wrote: I'd like to see a picture if anyone has got one! :wink:
This is a link to the shirt mentioned

http://www.weeklydig.com/gear
 #751350  by MaineCoonCat

I wonder how many roll signs were unceremoniously consigned to the trash bin.. <sigh!>

Would love to find an old one from a PCC that included at least Watertown (that I could afford <i.e. "cheap">).
 #751408  by rethcir

I'd love to get an I Hate the Green Line shirt but don't want to be confused as someone against the somerville extension! How bout an I Hate the Silver Line one?
 #751423  by Arborway

rethcir wrote:How bout an I Hate the Silver Line one?
You would make millions.
 #751427  by RailBus63

papabarn wrote:I wonder how many roll signs were unceremoniously consigned to the trash bin.. <sigh!>
Most of them, unfortunately.
Would love to find an old one from a PCC that included at least Watertown (that I could afford <i.e. "cheap">).
The newer PCC rollsigns from the mid 1970's did include 'A WATERTOWN' and 'A OAK SQUARE' readings - I think the only PCC rollsigns that did not were the ones the MBTA printed in the 1980's.
 #751431  by BostonUrbEx

Arborway wrote:
rethcir wrote:How bout an I Hate the Silver Line one?
You would make millions.
I believe you misspelled "billions," good sir.

I'd like to see one referring to recent Red Line incidents. I'm thinking a nice tee shirt or bumper sticker that says "I survived the Red Line between Alewife and Harvard" or "I rode the Red Line between Alewife and Harvard and lived."

May not make for good PR, but I'm sure there's the potential to sell enough to cover the cost of repairs.
 #751490  by diburning

rethcir wrote:I'd love to get an I Hate the Green Line shirt but don't want to be confused as someone against the somerville extension! How bout an I Hate the Silver Line one?
If you want a shirt but don't want to pay $20 + Shipping, there are local stores that sell them. PM me if interested as listing the stores here may be viewed as an advertisement.
 #751550  by Adams_Umass_Boston

diburning wrote:I don't own one as it would not reflect my opinion of the green line :-)
Well said !

Where can I find a shirt that says I the Blue Line?
 #751552  by 3rdrail

diburning wrote:I don't own one as it would not reflect my opinion of the green line :-)
I agree. It may have it's faults, but it still runs in the nation's first subway and it's ours. :-D
 #751556  by jwhite07

Relax, my friends! All in jest!

In fact, I think my wife was mildly appalled the first time I donned that T-shirt, with a big grin on my face. "But," she said, "you don't REALLY hate the Green Line... you LOVE it!"

She's right. But the T-shirt IS funny.

Regarding other memorabilia, there was a run of Type 7 rollsigns (I have no idea how many) where the printer forgot to include B BOSTON COLLEGE. From On High came the edict to chuck them all. With the help of a long-retired worker at Riverside, at least some of them never made the dumpster... I have one of them.
 #751568  by danib62

jwhite07 wrote:Relax, my friends! All in jest!

In fact, I think my wife was mildly appalled the first time I donned that T-shirt, with a big grin on my face. "But," she said, "you don't REALLY hate the Green Line... you LOVE it!"

She's right. But the T-shirt IS funny.

Regarding other memorabilia, there was a run of Type 7 rollsigns (I have no idea how many) where the printer forgot to include B BOSTON COLLEGE. From On High came the edict to chuck them all. With the help of a long-retired worker at Riverside, at least some of them never made the dumpster... I have one of them.
We should make a T-shirt to clarify. I love the green line when I occasionally have to take it during the off-peak. I hate it when I have to commute daily during rush hour.
 #751835  by MaineCoonCat

We should make a T-shirt to clarify. I love the green line when I occasionally have to take it during the off-peak. I hate it when I have to commute daily during rush hour.
Howabout:

THE GREEN LINE
IT'S A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP!

??

Or:
I've got a
LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP
with a

<insert lineart image of greenline car here>

??