Railroad Forums 

• Status Of Equipment at BET

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1294210  by sery2831

The T operates a minimum of one round trip over the line each day. The weekends usually in the afternoon. The weekdays around 11p.

Amtrak operates Downeaster equipment transfer moves on a as needed basis. These trains come down from Maine, go over to the South Side, switch, then return to Maine.

Not sure on the frequency of the CSX local to Chelsea but I see(/hear) them in the late afternoon going to Chelsea and late evening going back.
 #1294283  by GP40MC1118

Grand Jct Moves:

CSX B721 Sunday through Thursday OD130PM Framingham

MBTA: Readville Switcher Monday through Friday nights
Southside Terminal Switcher usually Sundays (yesterday, the Fuel Extra
came over).
Occasional Work Train moves, equipments moves, test trains to the Southside.

Amtrak: Once or twice a week equipment swaps (If you see or hear of extra equipment
tacked on the end of 686, then there's a move to Southampton St & return)

Saturday is the deadest of the week. Rare moves by the T Switcher from the south.

D
 #1294899  by F-line to Dudley via Park

TrainManTy wrote:Has the 902 been moved to IRM yet?
Yep. Will be spiffed up into a static museum piece. Which is a pretty nice way to go since the engine's too fire-damaged to be made operable again and otherwise would've been cannibalized and scrapped for parts. Don't know when the transfer move was made and who made it, but NETransit was updated this week to officially de-list it from the roster and mark it as departed from the property.
 #1295555  by Slushbucket

Today while riding the Orange Line I noticed a gray, graffiti-covered baggage car coupled to three or four covered hoppers (Pan Am LA-# job?) outside BET. It looked like the one that has been sitting all by itself in Beacon Park Yard for a while but I was not in that area so I cannot confirm if it's the same one. I'm pretty sure it is...
 #1295561  by sery2831

It is that car. It's headed to North Adams to the new Berkshire Scenic operation.
 #1295597  by Rbts Stn

Slushbucket wrote:Today while riding the Orange Line I noticed a gray, graffiti-covered baggage car coupled to three or four covered hoppers (Pan Am LA-# job?) outside BET. It looked like the one that has been sitting all by itself in Beacon Park Yard for a while but I was not in that area so I cannot confirm if it's the same one. I'm pretty sure it is...
I shall miss seeing that car on my trips on the Pike.

Kind of surprised the tires weren't flat from sitting for so long! ;)
 #1295762  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Rbts Stn wrote:
Slushbucket wrote:Today while riding the Orange Line I noticed a gray, graffiti-covered baggage car coupled to three or four covered hoppers (Pan Am LA-# job?) outside BET. It looked like the one that has been sitting all by itself in Beacon Park Yard for a while but I was not in that area so I cannot confirm if it's the same one. I'm pretty sure it is...

I don't think that thing even had trucks on it that whole time it was sitting stationary in Beacon Park. They probably had to throw some temp shop trucks on it to make it roadworthy enough to *crawl* along behind a light engine move.
 #1295769  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:
Rbts Stn wrote:

I don't think that thing even had trucks on it that whole time it was sitting stationary in Beacon Park. They probably had to throw some temp shop trucks on it to make it roadworthy enough to *crawl* along behind a light engine move.
It had trucks on her...she was moved East about 100 feet from that bumper/stair case that it was resting against about a month ago, prolly just to see if it was still road worthy
 #1295846  by sery2831

It's trucks are under it and are just fine. It's air brake system had to be re-worked and tested though.